SIOUX FALLS, S.D. -- The Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference four-game baseball series in Sioux Falls, S.D. between Bemidji State University and Augustana College has been moved from Saturday-Sunday (April 2-3) to Friday-Saturday (April 1-2). A doubleheader is scheduled for each day beginning at 2 p.m. April 1 and 12 p.m. April 2.
The Beavers are 9-9 overall and 3-1 in NSIC play this season after opening conference play against Upper Iowa University March 27-28. The Vikings are 10-8 overall with a 2-0 league mark after downing University of Minnesota, Crookston twice before having the final two games of the series canceled.
Multimedia: Live Stats at AC - http://www.augie.edu/athletics/baseball/xlive.htm
Conference Games: All conference doubleheaders will play a seven inning game first, followed by a nine inning contest. The nine inning game has a 10-run rule after seven complete innings.
About Bemidji State: The Beavers are 9-9 overall and 3-1 in NSIC after opening conference play 3-1 at Upper Iowa March 27-28. The Beavers won the first three games by the scores of 1-0, 3-2 (11) and 7-2 before falling in game four 13-9. Senior righty Ryan Sander threw the 1-0 game, earning his first-career complete game shutout, allowing six hits and fanning seven batters. Junior Juan Molero cracked a base hit in the 11th inning of game two to guide BSU to the extra innings victory. The Beavers used a five-run second inning in game three of the series to own the 7-2 victory, winning three straight NSIC games for the first time since 2008. A seven-run first inning, three earned runs, for the Peacocks gave it a lead it wouldn’t relinquish in the series finale.
About Augustana: The Vikings are 10-8 overall and 2-0 in NSIC play. Augustana got its two conference wins against Minnesota, Crookston March 28 by the scores of 32-1 and 12-0. The final two games were forced to be cancelled due to weather. The Vikings played Southwest Minnesota State in a nonconference game March 30, winning 16-0, putting them on a three-game win streak where they have outscored their opponent 60-1. Senior Charlie Dubanoski owns a .418 average with 28 hits, 21 RBI and 13 runs. Senior Deryk Marks has started five games, pitching a team-high 30 innings and owns a 2.70 ERA, allowing 12 runs (nine earned) on 23 hits with 18 strikeouts.
Last Action: Last season the Beavers hosted Augustana in a four-game conference series where the Vikings went 4-0, winning 15-8, 14-7, 12-5 and 19-5.
• The Beavers defeated Upper Iowa 1-0 March 27. The last time BSU won 1-0 was March 2, 2003 at home versus Concordia University, St. Paul.
• BSU opened NSIC play 3-0. The last time they opened 3-0 in NSIC play was in 1993 with a four-game sweep of University of Minnesota-Morris in mid-April.
• The Beavers are 2-0 in extra innings this season with wins against Arizona Christian University (10-8 in 11) and Upper Iowa (3-2 in 11).
• BSU is 3-0 in games decided by one run.
• The Beavers have combined for five triples this season, last season the team posted just eight three-baggers all year long.
• BSU is 7-2 when scoring at least six runs and are 7-3 when out-hitting the opponent.
• The Beavers were 0-7 when scoring five runs or less entering the series with Upper Iowa. With 1-0 and 3-2 wins they now stand 2-7.
• BSU shut-out Minot State 7-0 March 11, with the 1-0 victory at UIU March 27, the Beavers have earned two shutouts for the first time since 2003 when that team had three.
• BSU has a .965 fielding percentage, ranking first in the NSIC and No. 22 in the nation (as of 3/27).
• The Beavers have committed the second least errors in the NSIC with 19, trailing CU (14).
• Sophomore Phil Bray threw a complete game shutout against Minot State March 11. He allowed just three hits and fanned four batters.
• Senior Ryan Sander also threw a complete game shutout, winning 1-0 March 27 at Upper Iowa, allowing six hits and striking out seven.
• Senior Colton Smith and sophomore Matt Ellinghuysen are on a five-game hitting streak.
• Smith has seven doubles to lead the team, sit tied for second in the league and rank No. 29 in the nation.
Bemidji State University, located in Bemidji, Minn., is an NCAA Division II institution and a member of the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).