|May 01, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||R||H||E|
|Win: Hadden (4-6)||7.0||7||1||1||4||2|
|Loss: Johnson (2-6)||6.0||4||6||5||4||3|
|May 01, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: Riedel (2-1)||2.0||0||1||0||1||2|
|Loss: Steckler (0-3)||1.0||2||3||0||1||0|
BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University baseball team was back at BSU Baseball Field Friday to start a four-game series with University of Mary as it ends the 2015 season. The Beavers were able make a comeback in game two to snap a 14-game losing streak with a sweep over the Marauders by scores of 6-1 and 8-6.
Bemidji State, now 12-33, 9-21 NSIC, and U-Mary will be back in action Saturday for the final doubleheader to end the 2015 season. Saturday’s final doubleheader and Senior Day is set for 12 p.m. The Marauders are now 8-40 overall and 6-28 in the NSIC.
Bemidji State Highlights
- In the series, Bo Schmitz led the Beavers’ offense as he went 4-for-7 at the plate, including a double and scored two runs.
- Schmitz along with Joey Hanowski and Jack Hegarty each posted three RBI in the twin bill.
- Hanowski finished the duo going 3-for-6, which included a perfect 2-for-2 in game one. He scored three runs in both games combined to lead the squad.
- Earning the win in game one was Terry Hadden, as he pitched all seven innings to allow only one run and move his record to 4-6 on the year.
- Logan Riedel came in as relief in game two to earn the win with two innings of work on the mound. Jack Stigman was the starting pitcher for the Beavers with seven innings of work and striking out four.
- Saturday’s game marks the final collegiate game for five BSU seniors. The Beavers will recognize, Drake Huggans, Jesse Katz, Tyler Saeugling, Jake Tuholsky and Dylan Webb.
- U-Mary was led by left fielder Trenten Hove in game one as he went 2-for-2, while five other Marauders recorded one hit.
- Brett Doepker scored the sole run for the Marauders in game one off a single up the middle in the top of the seventh inning. Doepker ended 1-for-2 at the plate.
- On the mound, Jake Johnson pitched six innings to record the loss. Johnson gave up five earned runs and struck out three batters.
- In game two, U-Mary jumped out to a 3-0 edge before the Beavers were able to get on the board in the fifth inning.
- Three recorded two hits in the game, including Will Pettener going 2-for-2 with two RBI and Tom Imholte going 2-for-3.
- Zach Steckler charted the loss as relief for one inning of work, giving up two runs for a BSU 8-6 lead. Nicholas Stobbe charted seven innings and struck out three for U-Mary.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).