|May 02, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||R||H||E|
|Win: Katz (2-5)||5.0||7||3||3||0||3|
|Loss: Vollrath (2-8)||6.0||11||6||6||2||2|
|May 02, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: Riedel (3-1)||0.2||0||0||0||0||0|
|Loss: Steckler (0-4)||2.1||5||3||3||1||1|
BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University baseball team ended the 2015 season on a high note in the comfort of BSU Baseball Field Saturday afternoon. The Beavers earned the sweep over University of Mary after coming back from an 11-7 deficit in game two to win by scores of 6-4 and 14-13.
Bemidji State ends its 2015 campaign with an overall record of 14-33 and an 11-21 mark in the NSIC with the sweep. The Marauders finish the season 8-42 overall and 6-30 in conference action.
Bemidji State Highlights
- In the series, Logan Riedel led the squad at the plate, batting 7-for-8, including a double and his first collegiate home run in game two of the doubleheader. Riedel also added four RBI and two runs scored, all in game two.
- Joey Hanowski went for the cycle in the doubleheader, as he was 6-for-9, including a double, triple and a home run. He totaled two RBI and led the team scoring five runs.
- The Beavers recorded six home runs combined Saturday, with Jack Hegarty charting two, while Tyler Nelson, Bo Schmitz, Riedel and Hanowski each had one.
- Hegarty took the Beavers to victory in game two with the walk-off sacrifice fly with the bases loaded to earn the 14-13 win.
- Senior Jesse Katz charted the win in game one after five innings of work and only allowing three runs, while Michael Herd saw two innings for the save and struck out six. Katz ended the season with a 2-5 record and Herd’s save was his first of the season.
- Riedel also saw action on the mound in conjunction with his performance at the plate to earn the win in game two with two-thirds of an inning pitched. He ends the 2015 season 3-1 on the mound.
- The Beavers honored and recognized five seniors as they ended their collegiate career. Those seniors include, Drake Huggans, Jesse Katz, Tyler Saeugling, Jake Tuholsky and Dylan Webb.
- In game one, AJ Schaefbauer led the Marauders going a perfect 2-for-2 from the plate and charted one run and one RBI.
- Also marking two hits in the first game was Andrew Beyer as he was 2-for-4.
- Michael Vollrath pitched all six innings for the Marauders allowing six earned runs and struck out two batters.
- Game two was a different story for U-Mary as they were up 11-7 at one point but allowed the Beavers to come back and tie the game up.
- Shortstop Mason Schiff led the team going 3-for-4 and scored three runs.
- The Marauders recorded three players with two hits each, while three others charted one in game two.
- U-Mary pitched five guys, as Zach Steckler charted 2.1 innings of work and allowed three runs to record the loss.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).