BEMIDJI, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University baseball team continues its 2017 spring trip with visits to Rogers State University, Pittsburg State University and Augustana University. The Beavers will play two nine-inning games against the Hillcats and Gorillas before opening conference play against the Vikings.
- Who: Bemidji State (2-6) vs. Rogers State (13-8)
- When: Tuesday (2 p.m.)
- Where: Claremore, Okla. (Diamond Sports Complex)
- Watch/Live Stats: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/rsu/
- Overall Record: Never met
- Record at RSU: Never met
- Who: Bemidji State (2-6) vs. Pittsburg State (8-14)
- When: Wednesday (1 p.m.)
- Where: Pittsburg, Kan. (Al Ortolani Field)
- Live Stats: http://www.sidearmstats.com/pittstate/baseball/
- Overall Record: PSU leads, 13-0
- Record at PSU: PSU leads, 11-0
- Who: Bemidji State (2-6) vs. Augustana (4-7)
- When: Saturday (1/3 p.m.), Sunday (12/2/p.m.)
- Where: Sioux Falls, S.D. (Ronken Field)
- Watch: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/bsu/
- Live Stats: http://www.sidearmstats.com/augie/baseball/
- Overall Record: AU leads, 5-20
- Record at AU: AU leads, 2-11
Bemidji State Overview
- Bemidji State went 1-4 over the first leg of the spring trip, losing two games to Upper Iowa and going 1-2 against Arlington Baptist.
- BSU fell to UIU, 6-2 and 4-3, in a doubleheader at US Bank Stadium Wednesday.
- BSU won the series opener against Arlington Baptist, 20-7, before falling in the final two games, 5-3 and 2-1.
- The final game of the Bemidji State and Arlington Baptist series was called after 6.1 innings due to rain and unplayable field conditions.
About Rogers State
- The Hillcats are led by third-year head coach Chris Klimas.
- Rogers State went 1-3 in its last week of games, including the beginning of its Heartland Conference schedule.
- RSU first took down Pittsburg State, 22-17, on the road Wednesday, March 8 before being swept by St. Mary’s University in a three-game series March 9-10.
- The Hillcats are hitting .3294 from the plate and have a 3.48 ERA with a .967 fielding percentage.
About Pittsburg State
- The Gorillas are led by first-year head coach Tom Myers.
- PSU went 1-3 in its last week of games, coming off a 10-7 win against Missouri Western State University.
- Pittsburg State fell to Rogers State to begin the week followed by a doubleheader sweep to open a three-game series against Missouri Western.
- The Gorillas are hitting .309 from the plate and have a 7.51 ERA with a .944 fielding percentage.
- The Vikings are led by nine-year head coach Tim Huber.
- Augustana went 2-1 in its most recent series against Newman University March 4-5.
- Newman opened the three-game series with a 7-3 win over Augustana. The Vikings took the final two games of the series, 9-6 and 6-5.
- Augustana plays a four-game series against Truman State University March 14-15.
- The Vikings are hitting .224 from the plate and have a 4.10 ERA with a .957 fielding percentage.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).