BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University football team (1-2; 1-2 NSIC, 0-0 NSIC North) hosts Southwest Minnesota State University (2-1; 2-1 NSIC, 0-0 NSIC South) today in a Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference contest, which also serves as the annual Homecoming Game, sponsored by Thrivant Financial.
1-2; 1-2 NSIC, 0-0 North
Head Coach: Jeff Tesch
At BSU: 114-73 (18th)
Career: 114-73 (18th)
VS SMSU: 13-2
Southwest Minnesota State
2-1; 2-1 NSIC, 0-0 South
Head Coach: Cory Sauter
At SMSU: 13-23 (fourth)
Career: 13-23 (fourth)
VS BSU: 0-2
Local Radio: 92.1 FM The River • PBP: Brian Schultz • Color: Brian Bissonette
Internet Audio: http://www.wmisfm.com/
Local Television: KBSU Ch. 17 • PBP: Scott Williams • Color: Brian Schultz
Internet Video: http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/bsu.portal
Live Stats: http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statbroadcast.php?gid=bem&sport=fbgame&t=1
Series History: BSU, 21-20-1 • In Bemidji: BSU, 11-7-1 • Last Five: BSU, 5-0
Last Time: BSU, 41-10 • Sept. 17, 2011 • Bemidji, Minn.
• Sophomore linebacker Connor Quinn was named NSIC Defensive Player of the Week after 10 tackles (3.0 for loss) and a fumble recovery for a touchdown at Winona State (Sept. 5). He sits second in the NSIC in tackles with 29 (14 solo).
• Junior safety Scott Christensen is tied for third in tackles with 28 (13 solo).
• The Beavers are 14th in the NSIC in time of possession.
• BSU ranks tied for third in the NSIC in sacks with nine, resulting in a loss of 46 opponent yards.
• The Beavers have 13 upperclassmen players on offense, eight have started game, but of those eight, just five of them have been on the team for three or more years.
• With a 34-27 overtime victory at Winona State Sept. 5, BSU improved to 5-2 when playing an extra session under head coach Jeff Tesch.
• The Beavers were tabbed to finish sixth overall and fourth in the NSIC North in the NSIC Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
For more information on the Bemidji State football program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BemidjiStateFB or @BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/bsubeaverfootball or facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Mulitmedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).