|October 25, 2014||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|UMD||TD||03:57||Fowlkes 36 Yd Pass From Bauer (Brees kick)|
|BSU||FG||02:01||Fodness 31 Yd|
|UMD||FG||10:20||Brees 19 Yd|
|UMD||TD||01:02||Bauer 6 Yd Run (Brees kick)|
|UMD||TD||06:30||Zweifel 42 Yd Pass From Bauer (Brees kick)|
|UMD||TD||14:10||Lauters 2 Yd Pass From Bauer (Brees kick)|
|BSU||TD||09:51||Noskowiak 4 Yd Pass From Hein (Fodness kick)|
|UMD||TD||06:44||Bauer 6 Yd Run (Brees kick)|
|Stats at a Glance||BSU||UMD|
|3rd Down Conversions||5-15||11-17|
|4th Down Conversions||1-1||1-1|
|Passing (Comp-Att)||103 (13-27)||209 (20-26)|
|Rushing (Att)||144 (33)||206 (54)|
DULUTH, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University football team’s perfect record in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) divisional play ended with their first loss at No. 2 University of Minnesota Duluth, 38-10.
Bemidji State moves its record to 3-5 overall and 3-1 in the NSIC North, while Minnesota Duluth is 8-0 overall and 4-0 in divisional play.
The Beavers will be back in action Nov. 1 as they head to St. Cloud State University for a 1 p.m. kickoff from Husky Stadium before be back in the comforts of scenic Chet Anderson Stadium for the final two games of the season.
- The Beavers compiled 237 yards of total offense, including 142 yards rushing.
- Kyle Fodness was able to put the Beavers on the board late in the first quarter on a 31-yard field goal attempt to make it a 7-3 game in favor of the Bulldogs.
- In the fourth the Bemidji State offense was able to put together a drive for 77 yards to score off a four-yard pass by Jordan Hein to Jordan Noskowiak making it a 31-10 game.
- Hein and Ryan Shields split time at quarterback as Hein was 7-for-14 for 54 yards and Shields went 6-for-13 and 41 yards. Each tallied one interception.
- Leading the pass game for the Beavers was Brady Schmidt, recording four catches for 44 yards.
- Connor Quinn led the “Gang Green” defense totaling 15 tackles, including eight solo tackles. Quinn also posted one sack for a loss of 11 yards and four tackles for a loss of 15 yards. He charted a forced fumble as well.
- BSU was 2-for-2 in red-zone scoring chances.
- UMD charted 434 yards of total offense against the Beavers, including 228 yards passing.
- Leading the Bulldogs offense was Drew Bauer as he went 20-for-25 for 228 yards and three touchdowns. Bauer earned two rushing touchdowns, both of which were six yards each.
- UMD’s top targeted receiver was Zach Zweifel with six catches for 111 yards and one touchdown. His longest reception was 42 yards.
- Logan Lauters led the Bulldog run game tallying 15 carries for 69 yards to average 4.6 yards a carry.
- Brent Stiglich led the defense with 11 tackles (6 solo), 1.5 tackles for a loss (-1 yd.) and one forced fumble.
- Kicker Andrew Brees went 5-for-5 on extra point attempts along with a 19 yard field goal,
- The Bulldogs defense tallied two interceptions totaling 83 return yards to score both chances.
For more information on the Bemidji State athletic programs, tickets or schedules, visit BSUBeavers.com, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Multimedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).