|November 08, 2014||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|BSU||TD||02:24||Nomane 3 Yd Run (Fodness kick)|
|MSUM||TD||03:31||Medhaug 1 Yd Run (Schwichtenberg kick)|
|MSUM||TD||10:40||Carr 7 Yd Run (Schwichtenberg kick)|
|MSUM||TD||07:11||Medhaug 85 Yd Run (Schwichtenberg missed kick)|
|BSU||TD||06:14||Nomane 5 Yd Run (Fodness kick)|
|MSUM||TD||04:34||Medhaug 68 Yd Run (Schwichtenberg kick)|
|BSU||TD||02:57||Schmidt 20 Yd Pass From Hein (Fodness kick)|
|Stats at a Glance||MSUM||BSU|
|3rd Down Conversions||7-19||6-18|
|4th Down Conversions||0-3||2-3|
|Passing (Comp-Att)||146 (11-22)||192 (16-38)|
|Rushing (Att)||312 (57)||205 (48)|
BEMIDJI, Minn. (Chet Anderson Stadium) -- Minnesota State University Moorhead used a 27-21 victory to retain possession of the coveted Battle Axe traveling trophy Saturday at Chet Anderson Stadium.
Bemidji State moves its record to 3-7 overall and 3-3 in the NSIC North, while MSU Moorhead improves to 3-7 overall and 2-4 in divisional play.
The Beavers are set to conclude the 2014 season Nov. 15 as they welcome Northern State University to Chet Anderson Stadium. Kick off is set for 1 p.m. with the game being designated as senior day and Veterans Appreciation Day.
Bemidji State Highlights
- The Beavers compiled 397 yards of total offense, including 205 yards rushing. In the red zone BSU was 3-for-5 (60%) while the Dragons were 2-for-4 (50%).
- BSU led the Dragons in possession time with 31:05 minutes as it put together a comeback second half.
- Tahi Nomane put together a stellar game as he led the Beavers run game totaling 99 yards on 25 carries and put up two touchdowns. Nomane now leads BSU’s 2014 single game high for rushes (25), yards rushing (99) and tied for touchdown runs (2).
- Jordan Hein led the Beavers offense to a comeback second half as he threw for 144 yards going 12-for-23 and one touchdown pass. Hein’s longest pass of the game was a 26-yard pass to Jordan Noskowiak.
- Leading BSU in the air was Brady Schmidt with seven catches for 82 yards and one touchdown. Schmidt’s touchdown was off a 20-yard pass from Hein late in the fourth.
- Chais Wakefield recorded seven punts for 232 yards with his longest being 41 yards. Wakefield put three of his punts in the 20-yard line and one going as a touchback.
- Connor Quinn led the defensive front for the Beavers with 17 tackles, including six solo. Quinn’s 17 tackles go down as a BSU single game high this season. He also marked 0.5 sacks for a loss of five yards and 2.0 tackles for a loss of seven yards.
- Juwaan Richard posted a single game high for the season with a 33-yard kickoff return in the third quarter against MSUM.
MSU Moorhead Highlights
- MSUM charted 458 yards of total offense in its victory over the Beavers, including 312 yards rushing.
- The Dragons held possession time in the first half with a total of 17:01 minutes to take a 7-7 game into the half.
- As a team, MSUM charted four rushing touchdowns and averaged 5.5 yards a carry on 57 attempts.
- Zayne Medhaug dominated the Dragons scoring with three touchdowns in the game. Medhaug’s broke tackles to score off an 85-yard run and a 68-yard run in the fourth giving MSUM a 27-14 lead. He led the run game with a total of 194 yards on 16 carries.
- Medhaug was also the Dragons top receiver with 35 yards on three catches.
- Jake Hodge and Demetrius Carr both went 50 percent on their passing rates and throwing for 62 yards and 84 yards, respectively. Carr’s longest pass was a completion to Myle Montplaisir for 46 yards.
- Abe Roehrich led the defense with 12 tackles, including seven solo stops.
- Steve Schutz and Jesse Beilke followed Roehrich each posting 10 tackles.