|November 15, 2014||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|BSU||TD||09:27||Benham (Fodness missed kick)|
|NSU||TD||04:28||Truen 24 Yd Pass From Jacobson (Shaw kick)|
|NSU||TD||01:19||Truen 35 Yd Pass From Jacobson (Shaw kick)|
|NSU||TD||11:17||Barber 40 Yd Pass From Jacobson (Shaw kick)|
|NSU||TD||11:05||Hannigan 50 Yd Pass From Jacobson (Shaw kick)|
|NSU||TD||06:34||Barber (Shaw missed kick)|
|BSU||TD||05:30||Richard 15 Yd Pass From Shields (Fodness kick)|
|NSU||TD||00:33||Hannigan 24 Yd Pass From Jacobson (Shaw kick)|
|BSU||TD||00:02||Shields 2 Yd Run (Fodness kick)|
|BSU||TD||11:18||Peterson 6 Yd Run (Fodness kick)|
|NSU||TD||05:30||Doherty 16 Yd Pass From Jacobson (Shaw kick)|
|BSU||TD||03:10||Noskowiak 11 Yd Pass From Hein (Fodness kick)|
|BSU||TD||02:13||Noskowiak 5 Yd Pass From Hein (Fodness kick)|
|Stats at a Glance||NSU||BSU|
|3rd Down Conversions||10-22||4-16|
|4th Down Conversions||1-2||2-4|
|Passing (Comp-Att)||392 (27-48)||342 (29-51)|
|Rushing (Att)||108 (36)||96 (33)|
BEMIDJI, Minn. - The Bemidji State University football team ended its 2014 campaign at home playing host to Northern State University. A late comeback was not enough for the Beavers as they fell in a close one, 48-41.
Saturday’s game between the Bemidji State and Northern State was the latest game of the season that has been played at home for the Beavers. The latest game prior to Saturday was Nov. 14, 1931 when BSU hosted Duluth Technical College now University of Minnesota Duluth.
Bemidji State ends its 2014 season with a 3-8 overall record and 3-4 mark in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) North Division.
Bemidji State Highlights
- The Beavers compiled 438 yards of total offense, including 342 yards passing. BSU’s 342 yards passing goes down as its season best.
- In the red zone, BSU was 5-for-5 to mark a season best.
- BSU led the Wolves in possession time with 30:21 minutes as it put together a comeback second half but fell short.
- Jordan Hein led the Beavers offense to a comeback second half as he threw for 175 yards and two touchdowns going 16-for-25. Hein’s longest pass of the game was a 25-yard pass to Jordan Noskowiak.
- Hein also led the run game for BSU totaling 46 yards on 14 carries to average 3.3 yards per rush.
- Leading BSU in the air was Noskowiak with seven catches for 113 yards and two touchdowns. Both of Noskowiak’s touchdowns came in the fourth quarter posting an 11-yard and a five-yard touchdown.
- The Beavers’ special teams were in full force against the Wolves as they recorded two blocked kicks and ran one in for a touchdown. Damon Benham recorded one of the blocked punts for a two-yard return putting the Beavers up 6-0 in the first quarter.
- Trysten Ross led the Beavers defensive force, recording 14 tackles to include four solo. He also posted 1.5 tackles for a loss of four yards. Ross’ 14 tackles and his 10 assisted tackles both mark career highs.
Northern State Highlights
- NSU put together 500 yards of total offense with a game high 392 yards passing.
- Leading the NSU offense was standout quarterback Jared Jacobson as he threw for 392 yards and six touchdowns. He went 27-for-48 and posted one sack on the afternoon. Jacobson also led the run game, marking 47 yards on 13 carries.
- The Wolves charted all their touchdowns on passes besides one 91 yard interception return by Channing Barber.
- Jared Hannigan was the top targeted receiver for NSU recording 117 yards and two touchdowns on nine receptions. His longest reception was a 50-yard touchdown pass to put the Wolves up 28-6.
- Devin Olson led the defense as he charted 15 tackles, including eight solo stops. He added 2.0 sacks (-18 yds.) and 3.5 tackles for a loss of 22 yards.
- Northern State finished the afternoon marking 14 penalties for 112 yards, compared to the Beavers 10 penalties for 72 yards.