BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State men’s basketball team opens the 2013-14 season Oct. 25 with an exhibition contest at NCAA Division I University of Northern Iowa beginning at 7 p.m.
0-0, 0-0 NSIC
Head Coach: Mike Boschee
At BSU: 18-12 (2nd)
Career: 133-127 (11th)
VS UNI: 0-0
0-0, 0-0 MVC
Head Coach: Ben Jacobson
At UMD: 150-86 (8th)
Career: 150-86 (8th)
VS BSU: 1-0
Local Radio/TV: none
Internet Video ($): www.nmnathletics.com/PremiumVideo.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=26200
Live Stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=30656
Audio - Boschee Previews UNI: http://audioboo.fm/boos/1682654-head-bsuhoops-coach-mike-boschee-previews-friday-s-exhibition-test-at-northern-iowa
Series History: Tied, 2-2 • In Cedar Falls: UNI, 2-1 • Last Five: Tied, 2-2
Last Time (exhibition): UNI, 79-61 • Nov. 7, 2007 • Cedar Falls, Iowa
• Head coach Mike Boschee and UNI bench boss Ben Jacobson were teammates at University of North Dakota. Both were inducted into the UND Hall of Fame as members of the 1989-90 team.
• Coming off an 18-12 overall record and a 13-9 league mark a season ago, Bemidji State was tabbed to finish 12th in the 2013-14 Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
• BSU welcomed 10 newcomers (seven true freshmen) to the program this fall and return players who started just 31 combined games last season. Twenty-nine of those were by senior forward Zach Noreen.
• Noreen recorded 9.7 points per game and compiled double-digit scoring in 15 contests.
• The Beavers’ 18 wins in 2012-13 ranked fifth all-time in the 91-year history of the program.
• Bemidji State finished the NSIC schedule with a 13-9 mark to finish as the No. 3 seed in the NSIC North Division. Boschee set the BSU record for most wins by a first-year head coach, as the Beavers made a run to the NSIC Tournament Championship game.
For more information on the Bemidji State football program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BemidjiStateFB or @BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/bsubeaverfootball or facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Mulitmedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).