BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University men’s basketball team (2-0, 0-0 NSIC) continues its four-game nonconference homestand Saturday at 4 p.m. versus College of St. Scholastica at BSU Gymnasium.
2-0, 0-0 NSIC
Head Coach: Mike Boschee
At BSU: 20-12 (2nd)
Career: 135-127 (11th)
VS CSS: 0-0
0-3, 0-0 UMAC
Head Coach: David Staniger
At CSS: 158-193 (14th)
Career: 158-193 (14th)
VS BSU: 0-2
Local Radio/Television: none
Internet Video: http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/bsu.portal#
Live Stats: http://www.bsubeavers.com/multimedia/livestats/
Series History: BSU, 21-5 • In Bemidji: BSU, 15-1 • Last Five: BSU, 4-1
Last Time: BSU, 99-82 • Dec. 9, 2003 • Duluth, Minn.
• The Beavers moved to 2-0 in 2013-14 after defeating Finlandia University 81-60 Tuesday. BSU only led by nine at the half, but an early 8-0 run in the second, sparked the large win.
• Senior Maxie Rosenbloom had a career night, as he tied his career-high in points with 14, while establishing career-bests in rebounds (12), blocks (4) and minutes played (33). He also recorded his first-career double-double.
• After two games, junior Brock Lutes leads the team with 19.5 points per game and is shooting 55.6 percent from the floor. Senior Zach Noreen owns 14.0 points and six rebounds per game. Six players are averaging double-figures in scoring, while Rosenbloom’s average of 9.0 rebounds per game is a squad best.
• The Saints are 0-3 in 2013-14 after neutral site losses to Mayville State Unviersity 81-69, and St. John’s University 93-83 and a home loss to University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire 77-59. Last season CSS posted a 9-16 overall record and went 3-12 away from Reif Gymnasium. Sophomore guard Trevore Morlock leads the team with 20.7 points and 10.7 rebounds per game, while shooting 54.0 percent from the floor.
• Coming off an 18-12 overall record and a 13-9 league mark a season ago, Bemidji State was tabbed to finish 12th in the 2013-14 NSIC Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
For more information on the Bemidji State men’s basketball program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUHoops or @BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/Bemidji-State-Basketball or facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Mulitmedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).