BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University men’s basketball team (3-0, 0-0 NSIC) concludes its four-game nonconference homestand and out-of-league play Tuesday at 8 p.m. versus Michigan Tech University (2-0, 0-0 GLIAC) at BSU Gymnasium.
2-0, 0-0 NSIC
Head Coach: Mike Boschee
At BSU: 21-12 (2nd)
Career: 136-127 (11th)
VS MTU: 0-1
2-0, 0-0 GLIAC
Head Coach: Kevin Luke
At MTU: 340-211 (20th)
Career: 158-193 (14th)
VS BSU: 4-1
Local Radio/Television: none
Internet Video: http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/bsu.portal#
Live Stats: http://www.bsubeavers.com/multimedia/livestats/
Series History: BSU, 37-18 • In Bemidji: BSU, 24-4 • Last Five: MTU, 4-1
Last Time: MTU, 86-59 • Nov. 20, 2012 • Houghton, Mich.
• The Beavers are 3-0 in nonconference play for the first time since 2003-04 after a 103-56 win versus College of St. Scholastica Nov. 23. The Beavers moved past the 100-point mark for the 60th time in program history after shooting 56.8 percent from the field in the second half to finish the game with a 47.4 percentage, while holding CSS to 32.8 percent.
• Senior forward Zach Noreen guided BSU to victory, as he totaled career-highs in three major categories with 25 points, nine rebounds and eight assists. He shot 61.1 percent from the field on a 11-for-18 effort to establish career-bests in both field goals made and attempted.
• Through three games, junior Brock Lutes leads the team with 18.7 points per game to rank second in the NSIC. Senior Maxie Rosenbloom has recorded back-to-back double-doubles and is leading the league in rebounding with 10.7 boards per game.
• BSU has dished out 20 or more assists and posted 12 or more steals in each of its three contests this season.
• The last BSU team to begin its season 4-0 was the 1997-98 squad.
• The Huskies are 2-0 after home wins against fellow NSIC members, University of Minnesota Duluth (78-58) and Southwest Minnesota State University (86-64). MTU is shooting 54.3 percent from the field and 44.4 percent from 3-point land. Senior Austin Armga went 15-for-18 from the field and 8-for-8 from the charity stripe to post 38 points against SMSU. He is averaging 33.5 points per game and is shooting at a 73.0 percent clip.
For more information on the Bemidji State men’s basketball program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUHoops or @BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/Bemidji-State-Basketball or facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Mulitmedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).