BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University men’s basketball team (3-1, 0-0 NSIC) begins Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference play Nov. 30 when it travels to University of Minnesota Crookston (3-1, 0-0 NSIC) for a 4 p.m. contest.
3-1, 0-0 NSIC
Head Coach: Mike Boschee
At BSU: 21-13 (2nd)
Career: 136-128 (11th)
VS UMC: 2-0
3-1, 0-0 NSIC
Head Coach: Jeff Oseth
At UMC: 58-241 (12th)
Career: 58-241 (12th)
VS BSU: 2-21
Local Radio/Television: none
Internet Video: http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/bsu.portal#
Live Stats: http://www.sidearmstats.com/umcrookston/mbball/
Series History: BSU, 41-13 • In Crookston: BSU, 17-9 • Last Five: BSU, 5-0
Last Time: BSU, 75-58 • Jan. 25, 2013 • Crookston, Minn.
• The Beavers went 3-1 in nonconfernce play. After winning the first three games by a 93.0-58.7 margin, BSU fell to Michigan Tech University Tuesday 81-74. With a 67-65 lead and 8:05 left in the second half, BSU was only able to produce two buckets from the field and lost that time span 16-7 to lose the game by a margin of seven at 81-74.
• Senior Zach Noreen matched his career-high he set Nov. 23 and recorded 25 points on 8-of-11 (72.7%) shooting from the field. Senior Maxie Rosenbloom posted double-figures in scoring for the third consecutive game, as he added 15 points
• Noreen guides the team with 19.5 points per game, which also leads the NSIC. Senior Maxie Rosenbloom ranks second in the league in rebounding with 9.3 boards per game, while his 3.5 offensive rebounds per game sits tied for first. Rosenbloom is also second in the NSIC in field goal percentage, shooting at a 69.6 percent clip. Senior Michael Farrington leads the NSIC in steals per game with an average of 2.75.
• The Beavers rank first in the NSIC in blocks (6.0 bpg), assists (20.5 apg), steals (13.0 spg) and turnover margin (+6.75).
• The Golden Eagles went 3-1 in nonconference play. After losing 65-47 to Valley City State in the season-opener, UMC has won three straight. In those three games, Minnesota Crookston is outscoring its opponent 81.7 to 69.3. Brandon Burns is guiding the Golden Eagles with 15.3 points per game and is shooting 55.8 percent from the field.
• Bemidji State was tabbed to finish 12th in the 2013-14 NSIC Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
For more information on the Bemidji State men’s basketball program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUHoops or @BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/Bemidji-State-Basketball or facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Mulitmedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).