BEMIDJI, Minn. - The Bemidji State University men's basketball team is set to play its final non-conference game Nov. 25 against University of Minnesota Morris and then start conference action Nov. 29 playing host to University of Minnesota Crookston.
- In the all-time series against Minnesota Morris, the Cougars lead with a 44-36 record over the Beavers but BSU is 4-1 in the last five meetings.
- The last meeting was Feb. 22, 2003, where the Beavers took a 118-70 win over the Cougars in Bemidji.
- BSU is 42-13 all-time against Minnesota Crookston, going 5-0 in the last five meetings. In the last meeting, the Beavers took a 103-61 victory over the Golden Eagles.
- Coming into the weekend, Bemidji State currently holds a 12-game winning streak over Minnesota Crookston.
BSU Fast Break
- The Beavers (3-0, 0-0 NSIC) took two games this last weekend to stay undefeated as they posted a 77-66 win over Mayville State (Nov. 21) and a 69-58 victory over Viterbo University (Nov. 22).
- Senior Brock Lutes not only leads the Beavers in scoring, but leads the league as well with 23.0 PPG (69 points) on the season. Lutes led the BSU scoring effort in both games this last weekend with a season-high 29 points against Mayville State and added 16 points against Viterbo.
- Kaylor Zimmerman led BSU’s scoring along with Lutes against Viterbo, posting a career-high 16 points.
- Alexander Sattley charted a career-high 14 points against Mayville State.
- BSU is currently ranked fourth in the NSIC’s scoring offense with 82.0 points per game and in scoring defense allowing only 61.3 points per game.
- Also in the league, the Beavers lead in steals with 10.7 per game (32) and is second in field goal percentage (54%).
- In the BSU men’s first three games, the team is shooting 54 percent (94-174) from the field and 37.8 percent (17-45) from three range to out shoot its opponents in both.
- The Beavers are pulling down an average of 31.0 rebounds per game, 10.7 steals and 2.0 blocks per game.
Scouting Minnesota Morris
- The Cougars come into Tuesday night’s match up against BSU holding a 1-3 record after a two-game slide against Saint John’s University (92-69) and Gustavus Adolphus College (77-73).
- RJ Dean leads the scoring efforts for the Cougars with 55 points (13.8 PPG) as he shoots 20-of-38 from the field, 3-of-9 from the arch and 12-of-16 from the line.
- Charting 9.8 points per game for 39 points total in four games is Neil Helgeson, for second on the team in scoring. Joe Roggenbuck leads the Cougars rebounding effort, pulling down 21 total, including 16 defensive boards.
- The Cougars are currently shooting 48.3 percent (113-234) from the field and 26.9 percent (21-78) from three-point range.
- Minnesota Morris has been dominating under the basket pulling down 32.3 rebounds per game and marking 10 steals per game.
Scouting Minnesota Crookston
- The Golden Eagles come into the weekend and NSIC action with a 2-2 overall record after a two-game win streak over University of Jamestown (74-65) and Crossroads College (83-79). Tuesday, UMC played its final exhibition game as it took on North Dakota State University.
- Leading the Golden Eagles is Derrick Redd with 52 points in four games (13.0 PPG). Redd is 20-of-38 (52.6%) from the field and 6-of-12 (50%) from three-point range.
- Scoring 47 points to average 11.8 per game is Tyler West for second on the squad. He leads the teams rebounding effort with 33 total boards.
- UMC is struggling from the field as a team, being out shot by its opponents. The team is 36 percent (73-203) from the field and 25.3 percent (19-75) from the arch but is taking advantage at the charity stripe going 66.1 percent (82-124).
- UMC is pulling down an average of 35.8 rebounds per game and has marked 18 steals and five blocks so far.