|November 25, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UMM||BSUM|
|FG Percentage||.483 (28-58)||.561 (37-66)|
|3P FG Percentage||.421 (8-19)||.478 (11-23)|
|FT Percentage||.273 (3-11)||.667 (4-6)|
Dylan Erickson - 1
CD Douglas - 1
Isaac Sawyer - 1
Tyler Ukkleburg - 1
Joe Roggenbuck - 1
BEMIDJI, Minn. (BSU Gymnasium) -- Senior Brock Lutes scored 18 points and the Bemidji State University men's basketball team shot over 56.1 percent for the field in an 89-67 nonconference victory over University of Minnesota-Morris Tuesday at the BSU Gymnasium.
Bemidji State, now 4-0 on the season will open Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference play Nov. 29 when it welcomes University of Minnesota Crookston. Tip off is set for 6 p.m. The Cougars fall to 1-4 overall with the loss.
Five players including three starters scored in double digits for the Beavers while the Cougars had only two players score in double figures. BSU shot 56.1 percent from the field while Minnesota Morris went 48.3 percent from the floor. Bemidji State dished out a season-high 26 assists and pulled down 37 rebounds.
- Senior Brock Lutes was the lead man for BSU as he racked up 18 points, shooting 7-of-16 from the field and 4-of-8 from the arch. Lutes added two rebounds, three assists and one steal in his 28 minutes of action.
- Tying a career-high point total was Ben Best with 13 points for second on the team. Best was 6-of-9 from the field and 1-of-1 from three range.
- Kaylor Zimmerman and Cody Risseeuw each posted 12 points in the Beavers 89-67 victory over Minnesota Morris. Zimmerman led the team in assists with eight, while Risseeuw was the rebounding leader with 10 to earn his first double-double of the season.
- Irvin Womack was had a perfect game shooting, scoring 11 points and did not miss a shot. Womack was 4-of-4 from the field, 2-of-2 from the arch and took a 1-of-1 advantage at the charity stripe.
- BSU recorded 21 second-chance points and marked 42 points off the bench.
- Leading scorer for Minnesota Morris was Neil Helgeson, charting 18 points. Helgeson shot 7-of-11 from the field and 4-of-5 from the three-point mark.
- CD Douglas was the only other Cougar to score in double digits with 15 points.
- Cody Emrick pulled down seven rebounds for a team-high in 28 minutes of play.
- The Cougars marked 31 points from the bench, including Helgeson’s 18 points.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).