|December 19, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||BSUM||UMC|
|FG Percentage||.440 (22-50)||.455 (25-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.444 (8-18)||.263 (5-19)|
|FT Percentage||.600 (12-20)||.857 (18-21)|
CROOKSTON, Minn. – Bemidji State University men’s basketball team ended its 2014 portion of its schedule on the road at rival University of Minnesota Crookston where it fell by a final score of 73-64.
Bemidji State, now 6-4 overall and 2-4 in NSIC action will now go on its holiday break before coming back to host Minot State University and University of Mary, Jan. 2-3. The Golden Eagles improve to 5-5 overall and 3-3 in NSIC play with the win.
- Cody Risseeuw got his first start of the season and paced the Beavers' scoring with a career-high 20 points as he shot 7-of-11 from the field and 6-of-8 from the arch. Risseeuw added two blocks, one assist and one rebound.
- Brock Lutes recorded 15 points and led the team with four assists.
- Scoring 11 points to round out double-digit scoring for BSU was DJ Anderson.
- Lutes and Anderson each tallied five free throws on the night as well.
- BSU finished the night shooting 44 percent from the field, a 44.4 rating from the three-point line and 60 percent from the charity stripe.
- The loss ends a 13-game win-streak for the Beavers, which dated back to Dec. 6, 2008.
Golden Eagles’ Highlights
- Derrick Redd led UMC scoring 15 points as he went 5-of-15 from the field and 5-of-6 at the free-throw line. Redd added five rebounds and one steal in his 34 minutes of action.
- Tim Lubke was second on the team charting 14 points off the bench, while teammates John Hughes marked 12 and Kevin Larson added 11 points for UMC.
- Jim Warmack pulled down a team-high seven rebounds to lead the Golden Eagles.
- UMC took advantage at the free-throw line going 18-for-21 and ended the night shooting 45.5 percent from the field and 26.3 percent from the arch.
- The Golden Eagles scoring 15 of its 73 points off turnovers and totaled 23 points off the bench.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).