BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University men’s basketball team is set to open the 2015 portion of its schedule as it plays host to Minot State University and University of Mary, Jan. 2-3. Game times are set for 8 p.m. and 6 p.m., respectively from BSU Gymnasium.
- The Beavers own a 10-5 all-time edge against Minot State with a series dating back to Dec. 28, 1967. Bemidji State is 4-1 in the last five meetings with BSU taking both games during the 2013-14 season by scores of 84-68 and 83-60.
- U-Mary leads the all-time record by one game over the BSU with a 9-8 record. The Beavers though currently hold a six-game win streak dating back to Dec. 17, 2011. In the last meeting between the teams, BSU won at home 90-77 Feb. 8, 2014.
Fast Break Bemidji State
- The Beavers (6-4, 2-4 NSIC) ended the 2014 portion of their schedule on the road at rival University of Minnesota Crookston where they fell by a final score of 73-64.
- Cody Risseeuw paced the Beavers’ scoring versus UMC with a career-high 20 points as he shot 7-of-11 from the field and 6-of-8 from the arch. Risseeuw added two blocks, one assist and one rebound.
- The loss to the Golden Eagles ended a 13-game win-streak for the Beavers, which dated back to Dec. 6, 2008.
- Senior Brock Lutes is averaging 17.7 points per to lead the BSU offense and tie for third among the league’s best in scoring. Lutes is currently shooting 46.3 percent (62-134) from the field and 37.8 percent (17-45) from the arc.
- The Beavers rank second in the league in steals (8.5 SPG).
- DJ Anderson leads the charge with 1.9 steals per game to sit atop the NSIC’s steals list. BSU is also fourth in field goal percentage (49.2%), fifth in blocked shots (3.1 BPG) and seventh in assists (13.5 APG).
- BSU now ranks second in steals (8.5 SPG), fourth in field goal percentage (49.2%), fifth in blocked shots (3.1 BPG) and seventh in assists (13.5 APG).
Scouting Minot State
- Minot State enters the 2015 portion of the schedule holding an 8-4 overall record and a 3-3 mark in NSIC action.
- MSU ended 2014 with a weekend sweep U-Mary (93-88) and University of Jamestown (85-60) in Minot, Dec. 19-20.
- Everett Robinson leads the Beavers’ netting 12.9 points per game in his 12 games played this season.
- Robinson also leads the squad in rebounding with 6.8 boards per contest and 1.1 steals per game.
- MSU is currently shooting 47.9 percent from the field and out shooting its opponents from the arc, hitting at 40.4-percent clip.
- Minot State is ranked third among the league in rebounding margin with a +7.6 edge versus its opponents.
- The Marauders enter 2015 holding a 1-8 overall record and are in search of their first NSIC victory as they are 0-5.
- U-Mary ended the 2014 portion of its schedule falling to Southwest Minnesota State 84-72, Sioux Falls 75-73 and to Minot State 93-88 before going into the holiday break.
- Marquealis Edwards paces the Marauders’ offense with 13.8 points per game as he shoots 43.9 percent from the field and 28.9 percent from the three-point range.
- Edwards also leads the squad in rebounding with 4.6 boards per game and in steals with 1.9 per game.
- The Marauders are currently shooting 45.3 percent from the field and 35.7 from the arc.
- U-Mary is ranked fifth in the league for steals (6.3 SPG), seventh in assist/turnover ratio (1.1).