|January 02, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||MINOT||BSUM|
|FG Percentage||.455 (25-55)||.478 (33-69)|
|3P FG Percentage||.467 (7-15)||.400 (12-30)|
|FT Percentage||.679 (19-28)||.600 (6-10)|
Risseeuw - 7
Robinson - 1
Mertens - 1
White - 2
BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University men’s basketball team opened its 2015 portion of its schedule with an 84-76 victory over Minot State University Friday evening at BSU Gymnasium.
Bemidji State improves to 7-4 overall and 3-4 in league play with the victory, while Minot State drops to 8-5 and 3-4 in conference action. The Beavers will look to make it two in row tomorrow as they host University of Mary (2-9 overall, 0-7 NSIC) at 6 p.m.
Bemidji State Highlights
- Senior Brock Lutes led the Beavers in scoring with 17 points, which is the sixth time this season that he has paced the team on the scoreboard.
- Shane White notched a career-high 11 points in tonight’s contest. White’s previous career-high in points was 10 earlier this season against Crown College (Nov. 14).
- Kaylor Zimmerman (15) and DJ Anderson (14) also had double-digit point totals for BSU.
- The Beavers shot 40 percent (12-for-30) from beyond the arc against Minot State, which was a season-best. Kaylor Zimmerman and Lutes each hit a trio of threes to lead BSU.
- With the victory, BSU improves to 6-2 this season at home. The Beavers are 28-8 at BSU Gymnasium under Head Coach Mike Boschee.
Minot State Highlights
- Thomas Korf paced Minot State’s offense with a game-high 19 points. Korf was seven-for-nine (78%) from field, including four-of-six (67%) from three-point range.
- Dominque McDonald was second on the squad with 15 points and also led Minot State on the boards with eight.
- After shooting 33.3 percent in the first half, Minot State improved its shooting percentage to 57.1 percent in the second.
- Minot State did hold the edge over its fellow Beavers on the glass as MISU outrebounded BSU 33-32.
- The loss snapped a two-game winning streak for Minot State.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).