|January 23, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||BSUM||NSU|
|FG Percentage||.488 (21-43)||.471 (32-68)|
|3P FG Percentage||.500 (10-20)||.400 (8-20)|
|FT Percentage||.714 (10-14)||.450 (9-20)|
Fischer - 2
Pekarek - 1
White - 1
Floyd - 1
ABERDEEN, S.D. – Bemidji State men's basketball team traveled to Northern State University Friday night to start a four-game road stint as they fell to the Wolves, 81-62.
Bemidji State moves its record to 7-10 overall and 3-10 in league play with the loss, while Northern State improves to 16-3 and 10-3 in conference action. The Beavers return to action Saturday, Jan. 24 as they travel to Minnesota State University Moorhead for a 6 p.m. tip off to end the NSIC weekend.
Bemidji State Highlights
- Senior Brock Lutes was the pacer for the Beavers’ offense as he charted 16 points, shooting 5-of-11 from the field and 4-of-8 from three-range. Lutes was also 2-for-2 from the foul line.
- Cody Risseeuw and Ben Best boosted the offense adding 10 points each. Risseeuw went the first half not missing a shot and ended the game 4-of-8 from the floor, while Best was 3-of-4 from the field and added 4-of-5 free throws.
- Freshman Christian Pekarek charted a new career-high eight points in his first collegiate start. The game was his third of the season for the Beavers.
- The Beavers ended the night outshooting Northern State from the field (48.8%) and from beyond the arc (50%).
- BSU took advantage when at the foul line going 10-for-14 for a 71.4 percentage.
Northern State Highlights
- Skye Warwick scored a game-high 17 points to lead NSU in the victory. Warwick went 5-of-9 from the floor and hit 3-of-6 shots from three-point range.
- Seth Bachand added 14 points and three assists while Tydan Storrusten chipped in with 13 points and also had a career-best six steals in the contest.
- Mitch White had a solid all-around game for the Wolves, scoring 10 points, grabbing eight boards, dishing-out four assists and recording a block and a steal in the win.
- Northern got 25 more shots than the Beavers in the game, going 32-of-68 (47%) from the field and making 8-of-20 (40%) from beyond the arc.
- The Wolves outrebounded BSU 35-33 as Northern recorded 15 offensive rebounds and had a 14-7 edge in second-chance points. NSU had a big edge inside as well, outscoring the Beavers 44-14 in the paint.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).