|January 30, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||BSUM||WSU|
|FG Percentage||.407 (24-59)||.458 (27-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.391 (9-23)||.353 (6-17)|
|FT Percentage||.647 (11-17)||.789 (15-19)|
TEAM - 6
White - 2
Blacklock - 2
White - 2
WINONA, Minn. – Bemidji State men's basketball battled to the end in its Friday night road game at Winona State University but could not hold onto the lead as they fall 75-68.
Bemidji State moves its record to 7-12 overall and 3-12 in league play with the loss, while the Warriors improve to 10-9 overall and 7-8 in conference action. The Beavers are back in action Saturday, Jan. 31 as they take on Upper Iowa University before being back in Bemidji Feb. 6-7.
Bemidji State Highlights
- Brock Lutes with 18 points led the Beavers as he shot 7-of-16 from the field and 3-of-9 from the arc. Lutes added five rebounds, one assist and one steal.
- Shane White followed scoring 10 points, shooting 3-of-9 from the field and a perfect 4-for-4 from the foul line.
- The Beavers charted 36 rebounds, including 23 defensive boards compared to the Warriors 34.
- Ben Best led the charge for the Beavers’ rebounding as he pulled down eight boards.
- From the arc, BSU outshot Winona State as they were 39.1 percent to WSU’s 35.3 percent.
- BSU tied the game up for the last time with 1:36 left in the game off a jumper by Lutes but were only able to get within one before the Warriors foul shots tilted the score.
- 15 of the Beavers points came off second-chances and they only committed 10 turnovers to the Warriors’ 15.
- The Beavers had an all-around better second half as they outshot the Warriors from beyond the arc going 7-of-12 and from the floor shooting 50 percent (14-of-28).
Winona State Highlights
- The Warriors recorded four players with double figures in its win over BSU as Isaiah Gray paced them with 28 points. Gray went 10-of-15 from the field, 2-of-3 from the arc and added six foul shots.
- Gray led the team in rebounds as well, pulling down six.
- Kyle Bauman (18), Mark Blacklock (10) and Tim Wagner (10) rounded out the double-digits for Winona State.
- Bauman tallied four blocks against the Beavers to lead the team and dished out three helpers.
- Winona State posted 36 points in the paint compared to BSU’s 28 and held its largest lead of 16 in the first half with 1:59 left.
- WSU ended the night shooting 45.8 percent (27-of-59) from the floor and 35.3 percent (6-of-17) from beyond the arc.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).