|January 31, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||BSUM||UIU|
|FG Percentage||.509 (29-57)||.400 (26-65)|
|3P FG Percentage||.389 (7-18)||.387 (12-31)|
|FT Percentage||.657 (23-35)||.677 (21-31)|
Zimmerman - 8
White - 8
Hanna - 4
Floyd - 2
Hanna - 2
Gamble - 1
Hanna - 1
Hay - 1
Weeber - 1
FAYETTE, Iowa – Bemidji State University men's basketball ended its four-game road stint at Upper Iowa University Saturday night. The Beavers earned their second win of 2015 to snap an eight-game slide as they upset the Peacocks 88-85.
Bemidji State moves its record to 8-12 overall and 4-12 in league play with the win, while the Peacocks drop to 13-9 overall and 9-7 in conference action. The Beavers are back in the comfort of BSU Gymnasium Feb. 6-7 as they host Southwest Minnesota State University and University of Sioux Falls, respectively.
Bemidji State Highlights
- Brock Lutes once again paced the offense scoring 20 points and recording eight rebounds and one assist. Lutes was 8-of-13 from the floor and 2-of-5 from the arc.
- Clayton Elrod and Christian Pekarek boosted the offense each recorded new career-highs with 16 and 12 points, respectively. Elrod came off the bench to shoot 6-of-9 from the field and 2-of-4 from three-range, while Pekarek had his best percentage from the foul line going a perfect 6-of-6 and dished out a career-high seven assists.
- Junior guard Kaylor Zimmerman was one of three to lead with eight rebounds. Zimmerman scored 10 points in the game and added three assists and two steals.
- The Beavers outshot Upper Iowa all-around as they shot 50.9 percent from the floor and 38.9 percent beyond the arc, while the Peacocks were 40 percent and 38.7 percent, respectively.
- BSU crashed the boards hard to outwork UIU, 44 to 33. In the paint, the Beavers put up 40 points to Upper Iowa’s 24.
Upper Iowa Highlights
- The Peacocks took only its fourth loss at home this season.
- Five players posted double-digits as Josh Weeber led with 16 points off the bench. Bo Pagel and Jernell Hughes each put up 14 points, while Jimmy Roth and Grant Lang followed with 12 and 10 points, respectively.
- Weeber shot 6-of-9 from the floor and 3-of-5 from the arc.
- Hughes led the team’s three-point shooting going 4-for-4 in his 20 minutes of action.
- UIU capitalized off BSU’s turnovers scoring 17 points but it was not enough to hold onto their halftime lead of 44-39.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).