|February 21, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NSU||BSUM|
|FG Percentage||.500 (22-44)||.431 (22-51)|
|3P FG Percentage||.500 (6-12)||.357 (5-14)|
|FT Percentage||.710 (22-31)||.773 (17-22)|
Storrusten - 5
White - 5
Storrusten - 5
White - 2
Anderson - 2
BEMIDJI, Minn. – Bemidji State men's basketball finished out its regular season action with a home game against Northern State University Saturday night from BSU Gymnasium. After putting up a tough fight and briefly leading, the Beavers suffered a 72-66 loss in the final seconds of the game.
Bemidji State ends the 2014-15 regular season campaign with an 8-18 overall record and a 4-18 mark in NSIC play, while Northern State finishes to 21-7 overall and 15-7 in conference action. BSU will now head into the first round of the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) playoffs as they travel to Augustana College, Feb. 25. Game time is set for 8 p.m. from Sioux Falls, S.D.
Bemidji State Highlights
- The Beavers two seniors, Brock Lutes and Dillon Floyd led the offense against Northern State. Lutes scored 14 points in in his 35 minutes of action and added three boards and one assist. Floyd racked up career-highs in three categories, points with 18, rebounds with eight and steals with four.
- DJ Anderson led the squad off the bench, scoring eight of the Beavers 14 bench points. Anderson went 4-for-4 from the foul line and dished out two assists.
- Bemidji State gained the lead at the 11-minute mark in the second half, going on an 18-6 run to open play but last second push by NSU determined the game.
- Turnovers by NSU helped Bemidji State as they capitalized with 13 points off 15 NSU turnovers.
- BSU had a great second half attack as they outshot the Wolves, going 11-of-23 (48%) from the floor and 3-of-4 (75%) from the arc.
Northern State Highlights
- Tydan Storrusten led the Northern State University men's basketball team in their final game of the NSIC regular season with 21 points. Storrusten added five rebounds, five assists and one steal in the win.
- DJ Pollard followed with 12 points, three rebounds, two blocks, two steals, and an assist of his own.
- The Wolves offense tallied 18 points off the bench led by Darin Peterka. Justin Decker and Michael Schreiber added the final bench points for the Wolves with four apiece in the win.
- Northern finished shooting 50 percent from the floor and 50 percent from the arc.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).