BEMIDJI, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University men’s basketball program opens a three-game road trip to finish the 2017-18 regular season with an exhibition at Creighton University in Omaha, Neb. The Beavers and Bluejays meet for the first time ever with tip-off set for 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 13.
- Bemidi State and Creighton have never met.
Fast Break Bemidji State
- Bemidji State took a split for the fifth consecutive weekend after an 80-73 win against Minnesota State University Moorhead and a 104-76 loss to No. 12 Northern State University in Bemidji, Minn.
- MSU Moorhead led Bemidji State by two points at halftime, but BSU shot over 50 percent in the second half to secure the first season sweep of MSUM since the 2003-04 season.
- Sophomore forward Logan Bader led BSU with 22 points and 12 rebounds for his second double-double of the season, while senior guard Christian Pekarek recorded BSU’s 22nd game all-time with at least 10 assists.
- BSU shot 47.7 percent from the field, 41.7 percent from beyond the arc and 80.0 percent from the free throw line while outrebounding MSUM, 42-35.
- After leading 16-15, Bemidji State allowed Northern State to an 11-0 run before a 13-2 run to end the first half in the loss at home.
- Senior guard Sharif Black led BSU with 22 points Saturday night in the final home game of the season, while sophomore guard Jai’Vionne Green and freshman forward Derek Thompson each followed with 11.
- Bemidji State shot 48.3 percent from the floor, 45.0 percent from long range and 68.8 percent from the charity stripe, and gave away 16 Wolves points on eight turnovers.
- The Beavers enter Tuesday’s exhibition 11th in the NSIC with 75.8 points allowed per game and 13th with 73.3 points scored per game. Bemidji State’s 44.1 percent field goal defense comes in second in the league compared to its 45.7 percent shooting offense that comes in 13th.
- Black continues to lead Bemidji State in scoring with 15.8 points per game, which ranks him 14th in the conference. Green follows with 13.0 points per game, which ranks him 27th in the NSIC.
- Pekarek is a key factor in BSU’s scoring as he leads the team and ranks sixth in the NSIC with 4.4 assists per game. He also ranks sixth in the league with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 2.5. Pekarek ranks fourth all-time at BSU with 280 career assists.
- Creighton is coming off a last-second loss to No. 5 Xavier University, 72-71, after rallying in the second half and leading with 4.6 seconds in the game.
- CU enters the game 18-7 overall and 8-5 in the Big East Conference.
- The Bluejays were led in scoring by Marcus Foster with 29 points, including 20 in the second half. Foster has now scored 20+ points in each of his last seven games.
- Creighton shot 42.2 percent from the field, 32.4 percent from long range and went 6-for-6 from the free throw line.
- CU ranks among the top 10 in NCAA Division I in assists per game (t-7th, 17.9) and assist-to-turnover ratio (10th, 1.55). The Bluejays rank 11th in the nation in scoring offense with 85.1 points per game and 25th with a scoring margin of 11.1.
For more information on the Bemidji State athletic programs, tickets or schedules, visit BSUBeavers.com, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Multimedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).