BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State women’s basketball team (1-0, 0-0 NSIC) hits the road for the first time in 2013-14, Nov. 15-16 for the UCCS Classic, hosted by University of Colorado-Colorado Springs. The Beavers play the Cougars Friday at 8:30 p.m. before battling Western State Colorado University Saturday beginning at 4:30 p.m. Both times listed as CST.
1-0, 0-0 NSIC
Head Coach: Mike Curfman
At BSU: 83-136 (9th)
Career: 148-237 (15th)
VS UCCS: 0-0
VS Western: 1-1
(RV) UC-Colorado Springs
0-0, 0-0 RMAC
Head Coach: Corey Laster
Western State (Colo.)
0-0, 0-0 RMAC
Head Coach: Van Girard
Internet Video ($): http://www.americaonesports.com/partner_members.asp?id=57
Live Stats: http://www.uccs.edu/~athletic/wbblive/xlive.htm
Series History vs UCCS: First All-Time Meeting
Series History vs Western: BSU, 2-1 • Last Time: BSU, 61-57 • Nov. 27, 2009
• The Beavers are coming off an 84-80 season-opening victory against Mayville State, Nov. 12, where four players scored in double figures, led by a 27-point performance from senior Morgan Lee. Senior Kate Warmack recorded 14 points and pulled down a career-high 17 rebounds. Freshman Hanna Zerr debuted with 15 points, seven rebounds and four steals.
• The Beavers shot 35.6 percent from the field. BSU posted 14 steals and created 22 points off turnovers, while only turning the ball over 10 times.
• COUNTDOWN to 1,000: Lee finished 12th in the NSIC last season with 13.8 points per game. She is 45 points shy of becoming BSU’s 16th 1,000 career point scorer. Her 152 career 3-pointers is fifth all-time at BSU.
• Under ninth-year head coach Mike Curfman, the Beavers are 13-21 in nonconference road/neutral games.
• Coming off an 11-16 overall and 7-15 mark in Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference play, the Beavers were picked to finish 14th in the 2013-14 NSIC Preseason Coaches Poll.
For more information on the Bemidji State women’s basketball program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BemidjiStateWBB or @BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/BemidjiStateWomen’sBasketball or facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Mulitmedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).