BEMIDJI, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University women's basketball team goes on the road to Fargo, N.D. to end its 2014-15 exhibition season Nov. 7 versus North Dakota State University. Tip off is set for 7 p.m. Friday.
- NDSU leads the all-time series over Bemidji State with a 23-17 record.
- In the last five meetings, North Dakota State is 4-1 with the Beavers winning in the last meeting Nov. 4, 2006, 60-51.
- The Beavers hold a seven game all-time win streak over NDSU from Jan. 26, 1971 to 1976.
- The Beavers are coming off a 9-18 overall record and a 5-17 conference mark finishing eighth in divisional standings during the 2013-14 season.
- The Beavers opened their exhibition season last Sunday as they traveled to University of North Dakota. BSU fell to UND by a final of 79-43.
- Allie Knuti led the Beavers scoring, charting 12 points. Knuti went 3-for-7 from the field, 6-for-13 from the free throw line and charted five rebounds including four defensively.
- Hanna Zerr was second on the team in scoring against North Dakota with 10 points, including 4-for-17 from the field and 2-for-6 three-point field goals.
- As a team, BSU outshot UND in the second half 2-for-6 from three-point range.
- The Beavers were 54.5 percent (12-for-22) from the free throw line in the game.
- Bemidji State took advantage of turnovers in the game as they scored 10 points off turnovers compared UND’s seven.
- BSU had 24 of its 43 points come from players off the bench at North Dakota.
- BSU welcomed four newcomers to the program this fall and returned 11 players from the 2013-14 squad. The Beavers have five juniors, six sophomores and four freshmen.
- Four the Beavers’ returners played in at least 26 games during the 2013-14 season.
- Sophomore Hanna Zerr is the Beavers’ top returner, as she was fourth on last year’s squad, scoring 204 points to average 7.8 points a game. Zerr started and played in 26 games her freshman season. Was named to the All-NSIC Rookie Team.
North Dakota State:
- The Bison begin their inaugural season under new head coach Maren Walseth with three returning starters from last season in senior Brooke LeMar and juniors Holly Johnson and Marena Whittle.
- LeMar, the reigning Summit League Newcomer of the Year and an All-Summit League second-team selection, was the leading scorer for NDSU in 2013-14 with 15.1 points per game (ppg.). She also led the Bison in assists with 5.3 per game. The Canyon Country, Calif., native is a preseason All-Summit League first-team selection.
- Whittle was the leading rebounder for NDSU in 2013-14, averaging 7.1 board per game. She also posted team-highs for blocks (27) and steals (34). Her 13.4 ppg. ranked second-highest on the team.
- Johnson averaged 13 points and 5.9 rebounds per game last season. The Minot, N.D., native posted 18 steals and 13 blocks and made a team-high 39 three-pointers.
- NDSU also returns forwards Liz Keena (senior), Alisa Brown (senior) and Emily Spier (sophomore) along with guards Kahla Becken (junior), Brittany Wiebe (redshirt-sophomore) and Hannah Breske (sophomore).
- The Bison welcome three newcomers to the team for 2014-15 in freshmen Brooke Yaggie, Taylor Thunstedt and McKenna Happke.