BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University women’s basketball team is set to host its final home game before hitting the road for three. BSU will host St. Cloud State University and University of Minnesota Duluth Dec. 5-6 with game times set for 6 p.m. and 4 p.m., respectively.
- The Beavers trail in the all-time series against St. Cloud State as the Huskies lead with a 33-15 record. The Beavers last win over the Huskies came last season, 99-82, Dec. 6, 2013.
- Minnesota Duluth holds a 64-29 record all-time against the Beavers with BSU’s last win over the Bulldogs 83-64, coming Dec. 16, 2007.
Fast Break Bemidji State
- BSU is coming off a loss to Minnesota Crookston in their NSIC opener, 66-53. BSU enters the weekend holding a 2-3 overall record and a 0-1 start in the ever-grueling NSIC.
- Sierra Senske led the Beavers in scoring against UMC as she posted 16 points, which is also a career-high. She shot 5-of-9 from the field and 6-of-7 from the line.
- Senske leads the team at the charity stripe in attempts with 12 to average 2.4 per game and third on the team in rebounds with 27 (5.4 RPG)
- Tatum Sheley currently leads Bemidji State in scoring with 68 points (13.6 PPG), shooting 48.1 percent (26-54) from the field and 41.4 percent (12-29) from the arch.
- Sheley is ranked fourth in three point shooting and 12th in the league for scoring.
- Aimee Pelzer and Allison McKee are teaming up to be the team’s board leaders as they each pull down 6.2 rebounds a game for a total 31 each.
- As a team the Beavers are ranked ninth nationally in blocks per game with 5.4 and second in the NSIC.
- Sarah Durand leads the block with eight (1.6 BPG) for fifth in the NSIC.
- BSU’s rebounding offense is also ranked amongst the leagues best with 44.2 rebounds per game for third, tied for third in defensive rebounds (30.8 RPG) and tied for fourth in assists (16.6 APG).
Scouting St. Cloud State
- St. Cloud State comes into the match up against the Beavers owning a 4-0 overall record, and 1-0 mark in conference play. The Huskies took two last weekend with an 81-67 win over Minnesota Duluth and a 70-62 win over Jamestown College.
- Lexy Petermann leads the SCSU offense with 12.0 points per game (48 points) as she shoots 38.8 percent (19-49) from the field and 31.6 percent (6-19) from the three-point line.
- Petermann also leads the Huskies rebounding effort as she pulls down 8.5 rebounds per game and sits third in the NSIC.
- Betsy MacDonald is second on the squad recording 47 points (11.8 PPG) but leads the team in assists with a 4.3 average placing her third in the league.
- On the season the Huskies are shooting 38.3 percent from the field and 36.3 percent from the arch.
- SCSU is currently ranked second in steals with 12.8 per game and fourth in scoring defense allowing only 59.0 points per game.
Scouting Minnesota Duluth
- The Bulldogs enter the weekend with a 2-3 overall record, and 0-1 start in conference action. Minnesota Duluth is coming off a 67-81 loss to St. Cloud State last weekend.
- Pacing the UMD offense is Taylor Meyer, who is averaging 15.0 points per game (75 points) to rank seventh in the NSIC. Meyer is shooting 37.3 percent (25-67) from the field and 28.6 percent (2-7) from the arch.
- Meyer also leads the team in rebounding and is fifth amongst the league with 19 rebounds (8.0 RPG), including 21 defensive boards.
- Danielle Flood is second on the team with 65 points (13.0 PPG), scoring a season-high 22 points against St. Cloud State.
- Minnesota Duluth is shooting 35.7 percent (105-294) from the field and 23.1 percent (18-78) from the three-point range on the season.