BEMIDJI, Minn. - The Bemidji State University women's basketball team hits the road to start a three-game Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) road stint as it travel to Augustana College and No. 7 Wayne State College, Dec. 12-13. Game times are set for 6 p.m. and 4 p.m., respectively.
- Augustana College owns an 11-2 all-time record over the Beavers entering the weekend. BSU is 1-4 in the last five meetings with its last win coming Jan. 8, 2011, 79-78.
- The Beavers are 13-27 all-time against Wayne State College, with the Wildcats 5-0 in the last five meetings. Bemidji State’s last win was an 83-79 victory Jan. 2, 2010.
Fast Break Bemidji State
- The Beavers are looking to snap a three-game losing streak as it fell to St. Cloud State 76-51 and 88-67 to Minnesota Duluth last weekend at home. BSU enters the weekend holding a 2-5 overall record and a 0-3 start in the ever-grueling NSIC.
- BSU tied a season-best free-throw shooting percentage with an 83.3 rating (10-12) against SCSU.
- Allison Cordes posted a season-high nine points in the loss against UMD. Cordes added five assists to lead the team.
- Sierra Senske led the charge for the Beavers in both games last weekend as she charted 14 points against St. Cloud State and then recorded a career-high 20 points against UMD.
- Senske added a career-high seven rebounds in the Beavers’ loss against UMD and posted 12 total in two games.
- Senske is ranked sixth among the league leaders in field goal percentage (56.9%, 29-51).
- Allison Cordes holds a 1.8 assist/turnover ratio to lead the Beavers and rank sixth in the NSIC.
- The Beavers are tied for third in the league for blocked shots with 4.3 blocks per game (30). Allie Knuti leads the block for BSU with nine (3.1 BPG) and ranks sixth in the league.
- BSU is also ranked sixth for turnover margin as it holds a +3.00 rating and sixth in defensive rebounds with 27.0 per game.
- The Vikings enter the weekend holding a 6-4 overall record and a 0-3 mark in the NSIC. Augie is on a three-game skid falling to Minnesota State (92-80) and Concordia-St. Paul (78-77) last weekend and Saginaw Valley State Nov. 29 by a final of 76-66.
- Shaunteva Ashley paces the Vikings in scoring with 21.4 points per game.
- Ashley not only leads the squad in scoring but is first among the league’s best in scoring and ranks second in assists with 4.4 per game.
- Pulling down 5.9 rebounds per game to lead Augie is Nicole Kerkhoff, including 36 defensive boards.
- Leading the NSIC and the Vikings in steals is Logan O’Farrell as she has 30 steals (3.0 SPG) on the season.
- Amongst the league, Augie is ranked first in steals (13.2 SPG), first in turnover margin (+7.50), first in offensive boards (14.9 RPG) and second in scoring offense (82.2 PPG).
Scouting Wayne State
- The Wildcats enter the weekend of NSIC action owning an 8-1 overall record and a 2-1 conference mark. WSC split last weekend taking Concordia-St. Paul 60-57 Friday but fell to Minnesota State 72-65 Saturday.
- Wayne State is currently ranked seventh in the USA Today Coaches poll (Dec. 9)
- WSC is led by Jordan Spencer with 16.2 points per game and sits sixth amongst the league’s best.
- Spencer also leads the Wildcats’ rebounding as she averages 8.4 per game to total 76 in nine games played.
- Wayne State is currently shooting 46.3 percent from the field with a 38.1 rating from the arch.
- As a team, the Wildcats are ranked second in field goal percentage (.463) and in three-point percentage (.381). WSC is also ranked third in assists (16.9 APG), steals (11.0 SPG) and in scoring offense (79.7 PPG).