|December 12, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||BSUW||AUGIE|
|FG Percentage||.527 (29-55)||.464 (32-69)|
|3P FG Percentage||.294 (5-17)||.304 (7-23)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (9-12)||.667 (12-18)|
Peterson - 5
Sheley - 1
Kenney - 2
Rust - 2
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. -- The Bemidji State women's basketball team went on the road to Augustana College Friday night for its first Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference road game of the season. It was a battle till the end as the Vikings took the game 83-72 over the Beavers.
Bemidji State, now 2-6, 0-4 NSIC will be back in action Saturday night as it travels to Wayne, Neb. to take on Wayne State. Tip off is set for 4 p.m. with the men’s game to follow. The Vikings improve their record to 7-4 overall and 1-3 in NSIC action with the win.
The Beavers outshot Augie from the field, as they were 52.7 percent, while the Vikings charted a 46.4 rating. Both teams recorded one block on the night but the Vikings took over the steals with 11 to the Beavers two. BSU improved its rebounding in the game pulling down 35 rebounds, including 27 defensive boards, with Augie charting 31 rebounds.
- Sierra Senske recorded her first career double-double as she led the Beavers offense with 19 points and pulled down a career-high 11 rebounds. Senske shot 8-of-8 from the field and added three free throws in her 32 minutes of action.
- Also scoring in double-digits was Tatum Sheley and Allison Cordes with 15 and 11 points, respectively. Sheley added one steal and two rebounds, while Cordes posted nine assists to lead the team.
- BSU took advantage at the charity stripe as it shot 75 percent (9-12).
- The Beavers charted 10 second-chance points and were able to take the lead twice during the game.
- Augustana had four players score in double figures with Shaunteva Ashley pacing the team with 18 points, shooting 7-of-17 from the field and 4-of-5 from the charity stripe. Ashley added a career-high 13 assists to chart her second career double-double.
- Nicole Kerkhoff (15), Logan O’Farrell (14) and Hayley McCarron (10) were the other players to score in double-digits for the Vikings.
- Rebounding was spread amongst the team but Paige Peterson and Sophie Kenney led with five each.
- Augie charted 21 assists and scored 29 points off turnovers. The Vikings struggled at the arch as they were only 7-of-23 for a 30.4 percent rating.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).