|January 03, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||MARY||BSUW|
|FG Percentage||.456 (26-57)||.441 (26-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.350 (7-20)||.250 (4-16)|
|FT Percentage||.647 (11-17)||.696 (16-23)|
Dietz - 7
Larson - 7
Pelzer - 2
Larson - 1
Weir - 1
BEMIDJI, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University women's basketball team hosted University of Mary Saturday night at BSU Gymnasium and after trailing most of the game came back and took a 72-70 victory.
Bemidji State, now 4-8, 2-6 NSIC will be back in action Jan. 6 as it travels to Valley City State for a nonconference matchup. Game time is set for 7 p.m. U-Mary drops their record to 6-8 overall and 4-4 in NSIC play.
Bemidji State Highlights
- Pacing the Beavers’ offense to a win over the Marauders was Aimee Pelzer with 20 points as she shot 6-of-14 from the field and 1-of-4 from the arch. Pelzer added seven free throws and led the assists with six.
- Hanna Zarr (19 pts.), Sierra Senske (16 pts.) and Tatum Sheley (10 pts.) rounded out the double figure scoring for BSU.
- Senske pulled down seven rebounds to lead the squad.
- The Beavers outshot the Marauders from the free throw line going 16-of-23 for a 69.6 rating.
- BSU tied the game up six times before taking its final lead of the game with 12 seconds left.
- Brittney Dietz led the Marauders with 19 points as she shot 6-of-11 from the field and was 7-of-9 from the charity stripe.
- Sloan Turner, Dani Clarke and Rachel Weir also charted double-digits for U-Mary.
- Hannah Larson, Dietz and Clarke each pulled down seven rebounds to lead the squad in its 35 total boards.
- The Marauders shot 45.6 percent from the field and 35 percent from the three-point line.
- U-Mary charted 17 of its points from the bench, including Weir’s 11 points.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).