|February 21, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NSU||BSUW|
|FG Percentage||.473 (26-55)||.370 (17-46)|
|3P FG Percentage||.222 (2-9)||.333 (8-24)|
|FT Percentage||.774 (24-31)||.857 (12-14)|
Kuehndorf - 1
Pelzer - 1
BEMIDJI, Minn. -- Bemidji State women’s basketball ended the 2014-15 regular season at home against Northern State University Saturday night. The Beavers lost after a close first half by a final score of 78-54.
The Beavers end regular season action 6-21 overall and 3-19 in the NSIC. BSU will now head into the first round of the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) playoffs as they travel to Wayne State College, Feb. 25. Game time is set for 7 p.m. Northern State ends the regular season going 22-6 overall and 16-6 in conference action.
Bemidji State Highlights
- At the half the Beavers were shooting 48 percent from the field over the Wolves 33 percent.
- Tatum Sheley recorded 16 points, including going 4-of-8 from 3-point range, while Aimee Pelzer had 11 points and was 3-of-4 from beyond the arc.
- Sheley and Pelzer led the team’s bench scoring with a combined 27 of BSU’s 36 bench points.
- Mikayla Larson led the team in rebounding, pulling down four boards of the Beavers’ 20.
- BSU finished shooting 37 percent (17-of-46) from the floor and 33 percent (8-of-24) from beyond the arc.
- The Beavers celebrated the careers of Seniors Erica Trabing and Allison McKee this weekend to close out the 2014-15 season.
Northern State Highlights
- Senior Sadie Stotesbery with 19 points and four rebounds in the game led the Wolves.
- Rachel Krogman was the second wolf in double-digit scoring with 14 in the game. Krogman added eight rebounds, two assists, and three steals.
- Ten NSU players scored in the game with Devon Brecke, Sami Smith, and Jill Conrad each recording five points. Megan Mutchler and Paige Waytashek tallied six points apiece.
- Northern compiled 28 points off the bench, led by freshman Miranda Ristau with nine in the game.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).