BEMIDJI, Minn. -- The Bemidji State women's hockey team hits the road to take on WCHA-rival University of Minnesota Duluth. The Beavers are coming into the weekend with a 6-6-2 (3-4-1 WCHA) record while the Bulldogs are 6-4-2 overall (4-4-2 WCHA).
About the Beavers:
• The Bemidji State women’s hockey team swept Minnesota State University, Mankato Nov. 15-16. The sweep was the first WCHA sweep for the Beavers since Oct. 21-22, 2012 versus St. Cloud State University.
• BSU now holds the edge over Minnesota State in the all-time series, 26-24-10.
• The Beavers have earned ten conference points the past two weekends after not earning any in their first two weekends of WCHA action.
• With the win Saturday over Minnesota State, Bemidji State now has the same number of wins overall (6) as it had all of last season.
• Sophomore Hanna Moher (F, Milton, Ontario) continues to lead the Bemidji State offense as she posted two goals in the sweep over Minnesota State. Moher currently leads the Beavers in goals (7) and points (9). Moher currently ranks fourth in the WCHA in goals.
• Bemidji State’s goaltender Brittni Mowat (Fr., Glenboro, Manitoba) continues to be a staple in between the pipes. Mowat started both game against Minnesota State and played every minute. Mowat is now 6-5-2 with a 2.19 goals against average and a .923 save percentage in 14 games played.
• BSU’s sophomore class has accounted for the bulk of the Beavers’ scoring this season. BSU’s eight second-year players have posted 16 goals (50%) and 21 assists (44%) for 37 points, or 46 percent, of the team’s 80 points (32g-48a).
• BSU has scored a power-play goal in five straight games. Bemidji State currently ranks sixth nationally with a 20.5 power-play percentage.
• Bemidji State ranks second in the conference with 49 penalty kills in 56 opportunities (87.5%).
• This weekend, the Beavers travel to University of Minnesota Duluth. The Beavers are 3-56-2 in the all-time series versus the Bulldogs. All three of Bemidji State’s victories in the series have been in the last 12 meetings.
• Bemidji State has beaten the Bulldogs just once in Duluth, Minn. with that lone victory coming Nov. 20, 2011 by a 4-3 score.
• The Beavers rank fourth nationally in combined special teams at 58%.
For more information on the Bemidji State athletic programs, tickets or schedules, visit BSUBeavers.com, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Multimedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).