|October 18, 2014||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
|2||05:01||OSU||Gagne, Danielle (Moylan, Melani , Zubko, Cara)|
|Shots on Goal||15||25|
COLUMBUS, Ohio (OSU Ice Rink) — The Bemidji State University women’s ice hockey team fell to The Ohio State University Saturday afternoon in Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) action, 1-0. With the victory, Ohio State improves to 4-2-0 overall (2-2-0 WCHA) while Bemidji State falls to 4-2-0 overall (0-2-0 WCHA).
Danielle Gagne scored the lone goal in the game at the 5:01 mark in the second period to give the Buckeyes all the offense they needed to complete the sweep. Erin Deters made 24 saves, but was tagged with the loss to lead the Beavers.
Notes on the Beavers:
- It was the first time the Beavers have been shutout since February 7, 2014 versus University of Minnesota (10-0).
- Stephanie Anderson led Bemidji State with three shots on goal.
- After averaging four goals per game in its 4-0-0 start, BSU scored just one goal in its two games versus the Buckeyes.
- After having no power-play chances in the first two periods, BSU had two opportunities with the man advantage in the third period, but could not score.
- Goaltender Erin Deters has allowed just two goals in 179:11 minutes of action this season.
Notes on the Buckeyes:
- With the pair of wins over the Beavers, Ohio State improves to 33-20-11 all-time versus Bemidji State.
- Ohio State stopped BSU’s power-play unit from getting any momentum in the series as it snuffed out all five od the Beavers’ man-advantage opportunities..
- Kassidy Suave posted her second career shutout in the win. Suave improves to 4-2-0 with a .925 save percentage on the season.
- It is the first time Ohio State has swept Bemidji State in Columbus, Ohio since Oct. 26-27, 2012.
- Eight different Buckeyes registered at least one point in the series and three registered more than one.
Next up: Bemidji State (4-2-0, 0-2-0 WCHA) opens the conference home schedule Oct. 24-25 as it plays host to nationally-ranked University of Wisconsin. The puck drops at 7:07 p.m. Friday and 4:07 p.m. Saturday from the Sanford Center.
For more information on the Bemidji State women’s hockey program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUBeavers or @BSUWHockey), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Multimedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).