|February 13, 2015||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
|1||07:07||BSU||Huber, Kristin (Grenier, Kristine , Moher, Hanna)|
|2||09:18||BSU||Tougas, Kaitlyn (Joyce, Alexis , Anderson, Stephanie)|
|3||08:31||BSU||Tougas, Kaitlyn (Bilic, Ivana , Joyce, Alexis)|
|3||16:48||BSU||Huber, Kristin (Joyce, Alexis , Anderson, Stephanie)|
|Shots on Goal||57||26|
MANKATO, Minn. (All Seasons Arena) — The Bemidji State University women’s hockey team tied a program record with its 17th victory of the season with a 4-0 victory over Minnesota State University, Mankato Friday evening at All Seasons Arena. The Beavers also evened their mark in conference play (12-12-1) with the win, while MSU dips to 3-26-1 overall and 1-22-1 in league play.
The Beavers got on the board first at the seven-minute, seven-second mark in the first period with a goal by Kristin Huber. Following the goal by Huber, Bemidji State continued the pressure on Maverick goaltender Erin Krichiver finishing the period with a 19-6 advantage in shots on goal. Despite the shot disparity, the score remained 1-0 heading to the second period.
Bemidji State kept the pressure on in the second with 23 shots against Krichiver. One of those 23 proved fruitful as Kaitlyn Tougas notched her tenth of the season at 9:18 to give the Beavers a 2-0 lead.
Tougas tacked on another at the 8:31 mark of the third period to extend BSU’s lead to three. It is the second time this season that Tougas has scored more than one goal in a game this season, the first coming Dec. 5, 2014 against Minnesota State.
Huber tacked on another goal as well at 16:48 of the third period to give the Beavers a 4-0 lead, which proved to be the final score. It was Huber’s first career multi-goal game.
Sophomore Brittni Mowat made 26 saves for BSU and moved her record to 15-9-1. The shutout is Mowat’s sixth of the season, which ties a program record for most shutouts in a season with Zuzana Tomcikova (2011-12).
Notes on Bemidji State
- Kristine Grenier tallied her 14th assist in the first period on Huber’s goal, which ties her for the team-lead with Ivana Bilic. Grenier’s 14 helpers are a new career-high.
- Brittni Mowat registered her second consecutive shutout and has not allowed a goal in the last 120:27, which is the second-longest shutout streak by a goaltender in program history. Tomcikova holds the record, which is 149:30 during the 2010-11 season.
- Stephanie Anderson and Alexis Joyce both had a pair of assists, which ties a career-high for Anderson and sets a new career-high for Joyce.
- The Beavers finished the game with 57 shots on goal, which is the most in a single game for BSU since Nov. 9, 2012 when it had 60 shots on goal.
- With the win the Beavers improve to 30-24-10 all-time against Minnesota State, which includes a 6-1-0 mark in the last two seasons.
Next up: The Beavers will go for their sixth sweep of the season tomorrow in the series finale, which is slated for a 3:07 p.m. puck drop from All Seasons Arena.
For more information on the Bemidji State athletic programs, tickets or schedules, visit BSUBeavers.com, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Multimedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).