BEMIDJI, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University soccer team returns home this weekend for two matchups at Chet Anderson Stadium. Bemidji State will face Wayne State College at 1 p.m. Saturday before the Beavers take on Augustana at 1 p.m. Sunday to wrap up Alumni Weekend.
Nationally ranked Bemidji State extended its season-opening unbeaten streak to 11 matches Oct. 6-8. BSU earned a 3-0 victory at Northern State Friday, and a 6-1 win over Minnesota State University Moorhead Sunday. The 11-match unbeaten streak is a program record as the Beavers have now outscored its opponents 27-2 this season.
Bemidji State goalkeeper, Catherine Arneson, collected the fifth shutout of her senior campaign Friday, where she turned aside four shots in 90:00 minutes of action. She was able to improve to 5-0-0. This was her eighth collegiate shutout and she has not allowed a goal in 499:26 minutes of play this season. Arneson also leads a BSU defensive effort that ranks second in the nation, with allowing 0.108 goals per game this season.
Rachael Norton netted her team-best eighth goal of the season in Friday’s 3-0 win at Northern State, before assisting on Smith’s game winner and netting her ninth goal during Sunday’s 6-1 victory over MSU Moorhead.
Wayne State match up information:
- BSU is 11-4-3 versus Wayne State dating back to 2002
- BSU is 5-2-2 all-time when playing the Wildcats in Bemidji, M.N.
- BSU earned a 3-0 victory against WSC in Wayne, N.E. Oct. 16 a year ago
- 2017 WSC Soccer Stats
- 2017 WSC Soccer Schedule
Augustana University match up information:
- Bemidji State is 6-6-1 all-time versus Augustana
- BSU is 3-2-1 against Augustana when playing the Vikings in Bemidji, M.N.
- BSU dropped a 2-1 decision in Sioux Falls, S.D., October 15, 2016
- 2017 Augustana University Stats
- 2017 Augustana University Soccer Schedule
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).