Bemidji State Fall/Winter 2021-22 Fan Attendance Guidelines
With the number of regional COVID-19 cases increasing, based on recommendations from local, regional, and national health officials and the guidelines set by the MinnState Chancellor, Bemidji State University requires anyone in a campus building to wear a face covering - regardless of vaccination status. The face covering policy also applies to the Sanford Center when Bemidji State is hosting men’s and women’s hockey games. This guideline was originally enacted August 12, 2021 and was recently extended through at least Dec. 31, 2021.
Bemidji State University is committed to providing a safe environment for student-athletes, staff and fans.
- Fans are permitted to attend Bemidji State events which are held indoors and outdoors, in accordance with the Minnesota Department of Health and other health officials.
- All fans are required to wear a mask or appropriate face covering indoors and are encouraged to wear a mask at outdoor events.
Food or Beverage
- Food and beverage is permitted at BSU events.
- Concessions will be available on campus and at Sanford Center.
- Indoors, masks can be removed while fans are actively eating or drinking.
- Bemidji State has restroom access available in the Physical Eduction Building and at Sanford Center.
- Adhere to proper hygiene guidelines.
Live Video & Live Stats
- If you are not able to attend a Bemidji State event, most events will be available to watch via stream for free, while men' and women's hockey events are available on a pay-per-view subscription.
- The BSU Beavers Sports Network is available online HERE or available on the NSIC Network App. The NSIC Network is available on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV (4th Generation) and Roku by searching for 'NSIC' or 'NSIC Network' in the application store on these devices.
- Watch women's hockey games on B1G+ by clicking HERE.
- Watch men's hockey events on FloHockey by clicking HERE.
- BSU Beavers Live Stats for most home events can be found HERE. Check each sports' schedule page for live stats during road games.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will BSU Athletic events at Sanford Center, BSU Gymnasium and Gillett Wellness Center require face coverings this season? Yes. The health and safety of our fans and staff is our top priority. In accordance with the MinnState system and Bemidji State University, face coverings will be required for all fans, staff and media in Sanford Center for BSU hockey games, BSU Gymnasium for volleyball and basketball games and Gillette Wellness Center for BSU track and field and tennis events, regardless of vaccination status.
- Will concession items (food and beverages) be available for purchase? Yes. Concessions items will be available for purchase and masks can be removed while actively eating or drinking.
- Will BSU Athletic events at Chet Anderson Stadium or other outdoor events require face coverings? No. Face coverings are not required in outdoor settings for Beaver athletic events such as soccer or football, but are strongly encouraged.
- Do I have to wear a face covering indoors if I show proof of vaccination? Yes, face coverings will be required indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Will BSU or Sanford Center provide guests with face coverings? Fans are asked to provide their own face coverings and may be reminded to do so as they enter the facility.
- Will there be safety protocols in place? Hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout each venue, while enhanced cleaning and disinfecting practices are taking place in all venues.
- Who do I contact if I have an issue at the event? If any issues arise (including those related to masking protocol) during a BSU athletic event, please contact the nearest usher or game day staff member for assistance.