Bemidji State Athletic Marketing Internships
2018-19 Job Descriptions
Are you a student looking for a hands-on experience in sports marketing? An internship with the Bemidji State Athletics Marketing Crew provides you not only experience in the business of collegiate sports, but it is also allows you to work with a team of individuals who are passionate about sports and the BSU Beavers. As an intern, you will get day-to-day work experience in a collegiate athletic department setting and add value through job responsibilities and assignments. You will learn to be a team player, develop as a leader and have a valuable voice in the planning of BSU Athletic events.
• Assist the Bemidji State Athletic marketing staff with duties such as:
• Implementation of promotional and game day activities with the goal to increase attendance, fan experience, revenue generation, ticket sales and overall fan engagement.
• Promotion of athletic events and communication of promotions.
• Improving atmosphere of home events through giveaways, contests, trivia, music, etc.
• Coordination with event and facility staff prior to and during events to ensure proper set up of promotional and game day activities.
• Serving as a customer service representative for online ticketing software, fan rewards app and social media channels.
• Fulfillment of sponsorship elements such as PA announcements and promotional activities.
• Office responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
Marketing Assistant/ Gameday Promotions Team - Focus on marketing all 15 Beaver Athletics programs. Manage home events, help schedule special guests/performers, organize in-game promotions/productions, assist in script writing and sponsorship fulfillment.
Social/Digital Content Producers - Assist in the management of digital properties such as electronic video boards, BSUBeavers.com and @BSUBeavers social media channels. May also be assigned to shoot and edit pre- and post-game highlight/promotional videos. Must have a proficient knowledge in Adobe Suite software.
Designer - Assist in the creation of marketing and promotional materials and branding. Must have a proficient knowledge in Adobe Suite software.
• Must hold a minimum of four (4) office hours per week and attend weekly meetings
• Responsible for attending assigned home games (including afternoon, evening and some break events)
• Must be a current Bemidji State University student
• Experience with an NCAA Division I/Division II athletic department
• Opportunity for interaction with Beaver Athletics sponsors and supporters
• Internship credit available/practicum hours
• BSU Beaver gear will be provided to interns
Please submit a resume along with a completed application to [email protected] with the subject line “2018-19 Beaver Internships.”