BEMIDJI, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University baseball team heads on its spring trip March 12-18 taking place in four states against five teams. Bemidji State (2-7, 0-0 NSIC) will face Oklahoma City University, No. 10 Lubbock Christian University, Northwestern Oklahoma State University, William Jewell College and Upper Iowa University in one nine-inning contests each day
The Beavers and Stars open the spring trip with a 3 p.m. first pitch March 12 and a 1 p.m. game time March 13 in Oklahoma City, Okla. BSU then travels south to play the Chaparrals at 5 p.m. in Lubbock, Texas. BSU and NWOSU begin a two-game series at 6 p.m. March 15 and finish at 1 p.m. March 16 in Alva, Okla. The Beavers wrap up the spring trip at 2 p.m. against the Cardinals in Kansas City, Kan., March 16 and at 1 p.m. against the Peacocks in Fayette, Iowa March 18.
About Bemidji State
- Bemidji State went 2-3 over its previous weekend March 4-6 against Truman State University and William Jewell.
- The Beavers were led by right fielder Tyler Nelson with two home runs in its 11-3 win over the Bulldogs in the second game of the weekend.
- In a high-scoring affair, Bemidji State held off William Jewell in a 17-16 win to finish the series. Center fielder Logan Riedel made an impact at the plate and on the mound with six RBI and two innings pitched with a strikeout.
- The team went .294 from the plate with a .417 slugging percentage and recorded its first home runs of the season.
- Nelson notched career highs with five RBI, four runs and two home runs in BSU’s win against TSU. He added his third triple of the season and fell one double shy of a cycle. Nelson is currently on pace to hit 16 triples, 11 more than the current program single-season record.
- Right handed pitcher Jack Stigman and left handed pitcher Nate Heisick recorded the Beavers’ two wins over the weekend. Stigman went 5.0 innings with two strikeouts against Truman State, while Heisick earned a win in relief against William Jewell. Heisick made an appearance in three of the team’s five games, including the win against the Bulldogs.
- The Beavers are 8-of-9 in stolen base attempts during the season.
- BSU is 14-25 all-time against its spring trip opponents, only playing William Jewell and Upper Iowa previously. The Beavers are 1-2 against the Cardinals and 13-23 against the Peacocks.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).