BEMIDJI, Minn. -- One thing remains the same through an unusual 2020-21 year for Bemidji State University football: National Signing Day. Head Coach Brent Bolte announced the addition of 23 student-athletes Wednesday on 2021 National Signing Day as Beaver Football unveils its incoming class.
The student-athletes listed on the roster have signed national letters of intent or an offer of admission from Bemidji State. Student-athletes are only listed if the Bemidji State Athletics Compliance Office has verified the national letter of intent and financial aid agreement or the student-athlete has been accepted by the Bemidji State Office of Admissions.
2021 Football Signing Class
Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown (Previous School)
Cameron Anderson WR 6-1 170 Blue Earth, Minn. (Blue Earth HS)
Tristan Benjamin OL 6-3 270 Danbury, Wis. (Webster HS)
David Collins RB 5-10 180 St. Michael, Minn. (St. Michael-Albertville HS)
Alex Current WR 5-11 175 Muskego, Wis. (Muskego HS)
Chris Ewing DE 6-4 230 Chanhassen, Minn. (Chanhassen HS)
Will Falldorf RB 5-10 180 Bemidji, Minn. (Bemidji HS)
Isaac Hagstrom OL 6-5 260 Annandale, Minn. (Annandale HS)
Kaden Hagy DT 6-3 285 Forest City, Iowa (Forest City HS)
Colton Hinrichs LB 6-2 210 Bemidji, Minn. (Bemidji HS)
Bill Ketola OL 6-4 315 New Brighton, Minn. (Mounds View HS)
Darnell McCrea DT 5-10 290 Minneapolis, Minn. (Minneapolis North HS)
Dylan Meyer FB 6-1 220 Hickman, Neb. (Norris HS)
Michael Moore DB 6-2 160 Minneapolis, Minn. (Minneapolis Edison HS)
Bo Olszewski DB 5-11 180 Alvin, Texas (Alvin HS)
Zach Ott OL 6-2 300 Mason City, Iowa (Rockford HS)
Tyler Shaver DB 6-0 180 Prior Lake, Minn. (Prior Lake HS)
Offer of Admission
Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown (Previous School)
Shane Atz OL 6-0 275 Roseville, Minn. (Roseville HS)
Arian Garcia OL 6-1 305 Gretna, Neb. (Gretna HS)
Marcus Hansen DE 5-11 235 Waseca, Minn. (Waseca HS)
Luke Hessenauer DT 6-2 240 Milton, Wis. (Milton HS)
Drayton Lehman WR 5-8 165 Mosinee, Wis. (Mosinee HS)
Quincy Mabin OL 6-3 270 Farmington, Minn. (Farmington HS)
Connor Zender DL 6-0 280 Crosby, Minn. (Crosby Ironton HS)
National Letters of Intent
Cameron Anderson (WR, 6-1, 170, Blue Earth, Minn. / Blue Earth HS)
- High School: Lettered in football at Blue Earth High School under Head Coach Randy Kuechenmeister… Recorded 28 receptions for 471 yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior… Selected as Minnesota Mr. Football Finalist, All-District Player of the Year, all-state second team and AP all-state… Helped the Buccaneers to a 7-0 record in 2020… Also a letter winner in basketball and track at BEHS.
- Personal: Born December 20, 2002 to parents James and Ann Anderson… “B” Honor Roll student through majority of high school career… Plans to major in business.
Tristan Benjamin (OL, 6-3, 270, Danbury, Wis. / Webster HS)
- High School: Four-time letter winner in football at Webster High School under Head Coach Andy Smith… Three-time team captain and All-Lakeland Conference First Team selection… Helped WHS to the state playoffs four times… Also a two-time letter winner in basketball and track at WHS.
- Personal: Born July 19, 2003 to parents Clifford Webster and Nicole Pemberton… Plans to major in biology.
David Collins (RB, 5-10, 180, St. Michael, Minn. / St. Michael-Albertville HS)
- High School: Three-time letter winner in football at St. Michael-Albertville High School under Head Coach Jared Essler… A Minnesota All-State First Team, All-Metro First Team and two-time All-District First Team selection… The Knights’ Offensive MVP and Skilled Position MVP… Also a two-time letter winner in track at STMAHS.
- Personal: Born July 30, 2003 to parents David Collins Sr. and Sadia Kruah… Plans to major in sports science with a minor in environmental science.
Alex Current (WR, 5-11, 175, Muskego, Wis. / Muskego HS)
- High School: Two-time letter winner in football at Muskego High School under Head Coach Ken Krause… Totaled 4,060 rushing yards on 296 carries and 621 receiving yards on 32 receptions with 72 total touchdowns in 37 career games at MHS… Recipient of the 2020 Elroy “Crazylegs” Hirsch Award, given to the most outstanding senior running back in the state of Wisconsin… A Wisconsin All-State, All-Region and All-Classic 8 Conference selection… Helped the Warriors to three Wisconsin State Championships… Also a letter winner in basketball and track… Helped MHS to a 4x200m relay state championship.
- Personal: Born May 18, 2003 to parents Tom and Tina Current… An All-Academic Team selection… Plans to major in education.
Chris Ewing (DE, 6-4, 230, Chanhassen, Minn. / Chanhassen HS)
- High School: Lettered in football at Chanhassen High School under Head Coach Cullen Nelson… Selected to All-Southwest Metro Team… Also a letter winner in trap shooting.
- Personal: Born February 1, 2003 to parents Scott and Barb Ewing… Named to Dean’s List at CHS… Plans to major in wildlife biology.
Will Falldorf (RB, 5-10, 180, Bemidji, Minn. / Bemidji HS)
- High School: Four-time letter winner in football at Bemidji High School under Head Coaches Troy Hendricks and Bryan Stoffel… 2020 All-North Central Red Sub District Honorable Mention… Recorded three touchdowns and 219 yards in a 27-14 win over Alexandria as a senior… Scored 14 touchdowns on 1,034 total yards as a junior… Also a letter winner in lifting and track… A member of the BHS 4x100m relay team to compete at the Minnesota State Championships.
- Personal: Born January 28, 2003 to parents Kevin and Joy Falldorf… Dad played football at Bemidji State from 1989-92… Grandfather also played football for BSU… Plans to major in exercise science.
Isaac Hagstrom (OL, 6-5, 260, Annandale, Minn. / Annandale HS)
- High School: A letter winner in football at Annandale High School under Head Coach Matt Walter… A two-time All-District selection... Two-time AHS Offensive Line MVP… Helped the Cardinals to three section championships and three state tournament appearances… Also a letter winner in baseball… All-Section Honorable Mention selection in baseball.
- Personal: Born February 17, 2003 to parents Steven and Angel Hagstrom… Undecided on a major.
Kaden Hagy (DT, 6-3, 285, Forest City, Iowa / Forest City HS)
- High School: A three-time letter winner in football at Forest City High School under Head Coach Chad Moore… A two-time All-District First Team selection… Named Iowa All-State Second Team… Totaled 29 total tackles, including 23 solo, 10.5 tackles for a loss and 2.5 sacks in seven games as a senior… Also a letter winner in wrestling… Took two first-place finishes at the Joe Fitch Tournament and the Corn Cob National Wrestling Tournament as a senior.
- Personal: Born November 9, 2002 to parents Brian Hagy and Melissa Holland… Cousin, Ben Carlson, played hockey at St. Cloud State University… Plans to major in wildlife biology and criminal justice.
Colton Hinrichs (LB, 6-2, 210, Bemidji, Minn. / Bemidji HS)
- High School: A four-time letter winner in football at Bemidji High School under Head Coach Bryan Stoffel… Named All-District Defensive MVP twice as a two-time member of the All-District Team… Also a letter winner in wrestling… Qualified for the Minnesota State Wrestling Tournament.
- Personal: Born February 25, 2003 to parents Tim and Dawn Hinrichs… Father threw shot put for Bemidji State… Cousin, Drew Helleson, plays hockey for Boston College and was drafted out of high school by the Colorado Avalanche… Plans to major in construction management.
Bill Ketola (OL, 6-4, 315, New Brighton, Minn. / Mounds View HS)
- High School: A three-time letter winner in football at Mounds View High School under Head Coach Aaron Moberg… Named 2020 All-Suburban East Conference… Helped lead the Mustangs to Section Championship and an appearance in the Minnesota State Quarterfinals in 2019… Also a letter winner in track & field.
- Personal: Born March 31, 2003 to parents Kraig and Lisa Ketola… A four-time academic letter winner… Earned a Bemidji Presidential Scholarship… Plans to major in biological sciences with a minor in Spanish.
Darnell McCrea (DT, 5-10, 290, Minneapolis, Minn. / Minneapolis North HS)
- High School: A three-time letter winner in football at Benilde-St. Margaret’s High School and a letter winner in football during his senior season at Minneapolis North High School under Head Coach Charles Adams.
- Personal: Born February 12, 2003 to mother Malissa McCrea… A four-time Honor Roll member… Plans to major in project management.
Dylan Meyer (FB, 6-1, 220, Hickman, Neb. / Norris HS)
- High School: A four-time letter winner in football at Norris High School under head coach Ty Twarling… Named Blue Grey All-American and a two-time Nebraska Super State selection… Earned Nebraska All-State honors three times and All-Eastern Midlands Conference four times… Recorded 438 career tackles, a NHS and Nebraska Class B record… Averaged 6.7 yards per rush and 19.0 yards per reception through four-year career… Totaled 155 tackles as a senior, including a NHS single-game record 25… Also a letter winner in wrestling… A four-time Nebraska State Tournament qualifier and a three-time state medalist.
- Personal: Born March 18, 2002 to parents Rick and Chelsey Meyer… Plans to major in sport management.
Michael Moore (DB, 6-2, 160, Minneapolis, Minn. / Minneapolis Edison HS)
- High School: A letter winner in football at Minneapolis Edison High School under Head Coach Jason Knighton-Johnson… A two-time All-District selection… Named Community Captain of NE Minneapolis as a junior… Selected to Minnesota All-State and All-4AAAAA Conference teams as a senior… Served as team captain in 2020… Also a letter winner in baseball and track.
- Personal: Born December 11, 2002 to mother Alena Moore-White… Earned a Leadership BTAP Scholarship… Plans to major in education.
Bo Olszewski (DB, 5-11, 180, Alvin, Texas / Alvin HS)
- High School: A three-time letter winner in football at Alvin High School under Chad Strban… Named All-District in 2019… Led the district with 100 tackles as a junior.
- Personal: Born October 31, 2002 to parents Eric and Collette Olszewski… Father played minor league baseball within the Atlanta Braves organization from 1993-99… Brothers, EJ and Gunner, played football at Bemidji State… Brother Gunner is a member of the New England Patriots… An “A-B” Honor Roll honoree… Undecided on a major.
Zach Ott (OL, 6-2, 300, Mason City, Iowa / Rockford HS)
- High School: A four-time letter winner in football at Rockford High School under Head Coach Clay Eustice… Two-time 8-man Iowa All-State selection… Helped RHS to a 2018 8-Man Iowa State Runner-Up finish… Recorded 146.5 total tackles during his career… Also a letter winner in track, baseball and basketball.
- Personal: Born October 24, 2002 to parents Bryan and Denise Ott… Member of “A” Honor Roll throughout high school… Undecided on a major.
Tyler Shaver (DB, 6-0, 180, Prior Lake, Minn. / Prior Lake HS)
- High School: A letter winner in football at Prior Lake High School under Head Coach Matt Gegenheimer… An All-District First Team selection... Also a letter winner in track.
- Personal: Born September 14, 2002 to parents Ryan and Heidi Shaver… Father played football at St. Cloud State… Brother, Spencer, currently plays football at Bemidji State… An Honor Roll member at PLHS… Undecided on a major.
Offers of Admission
Shane Atz (OL, 6-0, 275, Roseville, Minn. / Roseville HS)
- High School: A two-time letter winner in football at Roseville High School under Head Coach Chris Simdorn… Two-time All-Suburban East Conference selection… Two-time Lineman of the Year and seven-time Lineman of the Week selection… Member of the RHS 1,000 Club… Also a letter winner in weight lifting and baseball… A two-time All-SEC selection in baseball.
- Personal: Born November 27, 2002 to parents Tom and Janet Atz… A four-time “B” Honor Roll member and a three-time “A” Honor Roll member… Plans to major in biology.
Arian Garcia (OL, 6-1, 305, Gretna, Neb. / Gretna HS)
- High School: A letter winner in football at Gretna High School under Head Coach Mike Kayl… Named to All-Metro Conference Team… Participated in the Nebraska Shrine Bowl… Also a letter winner in track.
- Personal: Born May 1, 2003 to parents Gabriel and Sharon Garcia… Earned an academic letter at GHS… A member of the National Honor Society… Plans to major in aquatic biology.
Marcus Hansen (DE, 5-11, 235, Waseca, Minn. / Waseca HS)
- High School: A three-time letter winner in football at Waseca High School under Head Coach Brad Wendland… A 2020 Minnesota Mr. Football Finalist… Selected Red Subdivision Player of the Year and Team MVP as a senior… Two-time All-District First Team and District Defensive Lineman of the Year selection… WHS career sack leader… Helped WHS to a Section 1AAA Championship in 2018, 2019 and 2020… Named the team’s Defensive MVP as a junior and senior, Most Improved Player as a sophomore and Special Teams MVP as a freshman… A 2020 WHS team captain… Also a letter winner in track and wrestling… Three-time Big South Conference Champion discus… Big South Conference Champion in shot put as a junior… Section 2AA Champion in discus and shot put in 2019.
- Personal: Born November 11, 2002 to parents Steve and Barb Hansen… Earned an academic letter throughout high school… Plans to major in exercise science.
Luke Hessenauer (DT, 6-2, 240, Milton, Wis. / Milton HS)
- High School: A letter winner in football at Milton High School under Head Coach Rodney Wedig… An All-Badger South Conference and All-Region selection.
- Personal: Born March 15, 2003 to parents James and Becky Hessenauer… Father played hockey at the University of Wisconsin… Brother played football at UW-Lacrosse… An Honor Roll member… Plans to major in criminology.
Drayton Lehman (WR, 5-8, 165, Mosinee, Wis. / Mosinee HS)
- High School: A three-time letter winner in football at Mosinee High School under Head Coach Craig Martens… Named to All-Great Northern Conference First Team as a wide receiver and defensive back twice… All-Region pick as a wide receiver… Named a Channel 7 All-Star… Totaled 102 catches for 1,269 yards and 14 touchdowns with one kickoff return for a touchdown and two interceptions as a senior… Recorded 67 receptions for 701 yards and nine touchdowns with four interceptions... Also a letter winner in basketball and track.
- Personal: Born September 12, 2002 to parents Nathan and Gina Lehman… Father was an all-conference selection in football at St. Cloud State University and played arena football for the Green Bay Blizzards… Named to Wisconsin Academic All-State team… Plans to major in business.
Quincy Mabin (OL, 6-3, 270, Farmington, Minn. / Farmington HS)
- High School: A letter winner in football at Farmington High School under Head Coach Adam Fischer… Named to All-District Honorable Mention team.
- Personal: Born May 11, 2003 to parents Thomas and Kellie Mabin… Plans to major in psychology.
Connor Zender (DL, 6-0, 280, Crosby, Minn. / Crosby Ironton HS)
- High School: A letter winner in football at Crosby Ironton High School under Head Coach Bryan Syrstad… An All-District selection… Named CIHS Team Captain and Lineman of the Year… Helped CIHS to a section championship… Also a letter winner in baseball, hockey and wrestling.
- Personal: Born April 11, 2003 to parents John and Becki Zender… Undecided on a major.
For more information on the Bemidji State football program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BemidjiStateFB or @BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/bsubeaverfootball or facebook.com/BSUBeavers).
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).