BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University men’s basketball team hosts Mayville State University Nov. 13 at 8 p.m. to open the 2013-14 campaign at BSU Gymnasium.
0-0, 0-0 NSIC
Head Coach: Mike Boschee
At BSU: 18-12 (2nd)
Career: 133-127 (11th)
VS MSU: 0-0
2-0, 0-0 Independent
Head Coach: Dan DeWitt
At MSU: 12-17 (2nd)
Career: 12-17 (2nd)
VS BSU: 0-0
Local Radio/TV: none
Internet Video: http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/bsu.portal
Live Stats: http://www.bsubeavers.com/multimedia/livestats/
Series History: BSU, 46-35 • In Bemidji: BSU, 21-13 • Last Five: BSU, 3-2
Last Time: BSU, 89-80 • Nov. 16, 2001 • Mayville, N.D.
• Senior Maxie Rosenbloom totaled 17 points and six rebounds in a 71-48 exhibition loss at NCAA Division I University of Northern Iowa Oct. 25. BSU trailed just 26-23 at halftime.
• Last season the Beavers opened the season with a 76-49 victory against University of Colorado-Colorado Springs. Now senior Zach Noreen hit four 3-pointers (4-for-5) in the game and totaled 16 points and five rebounds.
• Mayville State brought in 14 new players this season after it finished the 2012-13 season with a 10-17 overall record.
• Coming off an 18-12 overall record and a 13-9 league mark a season ago, Bemidji State was tabbed to finish 12th in the 2013-14 NSIC Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
• BSU welcomed 10 newcomers (seven true freshmen) to the program and return players who started 31 combined games. Twenty-nine of those by senior forward Zach Noreen. Noreen recorded 9.7 points per game and compiled double-digit scoring in 15 contests.
• The Beavers’ 18 wins in 2012-13 ranked fifth all-time in the 91-year history of the program, while head coach Mike Boschee set the BSU record for most wins by a first-year head coach, as the Beavers made a run to the NSIC Tournament Championship game.
For more information on the Bemidji State men’s basketball program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUHoops or @BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/Bemidji-State-Basketball or facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Mulitmedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).