BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University men’s basketball team hosts Finlandia University Nov. 19 at 8 p.m. to continue nonconference play at the BSU Gymnasium.
1-0, 0-0 NSIC
Head Coach: Mike Boschee
At BSU: 19-12 (2nd)
Career: 134-127 (11th)
VS FU: 1-0
0-2, 0-0 Independent
Head Coach: Terry Smith
At FU: 15-32 (3rd)
VS BSU: 0-1
Local Radio/Television: none
Internet Video: http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/bsu.portal#
Live Stats: http://www.bsubeavers.com/multimedia/livestats/
Series History: BSU, 5-0 • In Bemidji: BSU, 2-0 • Last Five: BSU, 5-0
Last Time: BSU, 122-61 • Nov. 21, 2012 • Hancock, Mich.
• The Beavers shot 54.0 percent from the field, knocked down 12-of-27 (44.4%) shots from beyond the arc and totaled 16 steals in a 95-60 season opening victory against Mayville State Nov. 13.
• BSU moved the ball well against the Comets with 23 assists, the most by a BSU team since Jan. 2, 2008 when that team recorded 23 versus Dickinson State University.
• Newcomer Brock Luets finished with a game-high 23 points on 9-for-12 (75%) shooting from the field and a 4-for-7 (57.1%) performance from 3-point land. Another junior college transfer, DJ Hervy, scored 17 points and added four rebounds and three assists.
• BSU and Finlandia have played three times in the last four years with BSU owning a 101.7-63.7 advantage in those three games. Last season, the Beavers won 122-61 to record the most points in program history.
• Finlandia is 0-2 after a 144-99 loss to Grinnell College and 106-62 loss to William Penn University. The Lions also lost to Michigan Tech University 100-51 in an exhibition contest. FU is led by Dominic Morrow’s 18.5 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. Keith Arnold owns 18.0 points and a team-best 3.5 assists per game. The Lions have allowed 125.0 points per game.
For more information on the Bemidji State men’s basketball program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUHoops or @BSUBeavers), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/Bemidji-State-Basketball or facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Mulitmedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).