|February 25, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||BSUM||AUGIE|
|FG Percentage||.465 (33-71)||.470 (31-66)|
|3P FG Percentage||.280 (7-25)||.333 (8-24)|
|FT Percentage||.667 (6-9)||.794 (27-34)|
Huisken - 1
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – Bemidji State men's basketball traveled to Augustana College Wednesday night for the first round of the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) Tournament. Despite a strong start by the Beavers to take a 12-7 lead right away in the game, BSU fell by a final score of 97-79.
Bemidji State ends the 2014-15 season with an 8-19 overall record and a 4-18 mark in NSIC play, while Augustana goes on in the playoffs with a 27-2 overall record.
Bemidji State Highlights
- The Beavers jumped out to a 12-7 lead over the Vikings in the first half but were unable to hang on as Augustana tied the game up and took the lead at the 10:36 mark and never lost it.
- Freshman Christian Pekarek put together a great game as he led the team with 19 points, shooting 6-of-10 from the floor and was 5-of-7 from the arc. Pekarek added five boards, three assists and on block in the game.
- Also scoring double figures was DJ Anderson with 13 points and Irvin Womack with 10. Anderson was 6-of-9 from the floor and led with five assists, while Womack went 5-of-9 and led blocks with two.
- BSU’s two seniors, Brock Lutes and Dillon Floyd contributed eight and seven points, respectively.
- The Beavers outshot the Vikings in the second half going 51.2 percent (21-of-41) from the floor and 38.5 percent (5-of-13) from beyond the arc.
- Bemidji State ended the game shooting 46.5 percent from the field and pulled down 37 rebounds.
- Augustana charts all five starters in double-digits along with one from its bench. This was the first time the Vikings have had six players in double figures since 2009.
- Casey Schilling led the squad with 20 points, shooting 6-of-15 from the floor and 7-of-8 from the charity stripe. Schilling added a team-high 12 rebounds to earn his ninth double-double of the season.
- Daniel Jansen (17), Zach Huisken (16), Jordan Spencer (13), Alex Richter (12) and Adam Beyer (11) round out double figures for Augie.
- With the win the Vikings are 4-6 all-time in the NSIC Tournament.
- As a team, Augie pulled down 41 boards compared to BSU’s 37 and committed only 10 turnovers.
- Augustana ended the game shooting 47 percent from the floor and 33.3 percent from the three-range.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).