EDINA, Minn. – September 19, 2016 – For as low as 56¢ per game, fans of the men’s Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) can take the league and their favorite team with them wherever they go via WCHA.tv – the Association’s official online streaming platform.
In partnership with industry leader Stretch Internet, WCHA.tv allows fans to stream all 10 league teams and up to 191 games during the 2016-17 season on just about any device – computer, tablet, phone and many Smart TVs – with a responsive experience customized for that particular medium. High-quality HD streams, when available from the originating arena, will be viewable in multiple screen layout options (including picture-in-picture, multi-view format to watch up to four games simultaneously and full-screen video).
Live and archived game broadcasts, from the season’s opening face-off through the Broadmoor Trophy championship game, are available through the following WCHA.tv subscription packages:
· WCHA Season Pass ($104.99) – For as low as 56¢ per game, fans receive live and archived access to a minimum of 185 and a maximum of 191 WCHA games, including: Every WCHA regular season league game, along with each team’s nonconference home contests and select home exhibition games, AND the entire 2017 WCHA Tournament.
· Single-team Season Pass ($89.99) – For fans who only want to watch their favorite team, this package delivers live and archived coverage for the selected school’s nonconference home games, select home exhibition games, all WCHA regular season league contests (home and away), AND all of that specific team’s potential 2017 league postseason games (home and away). Note: Picture-in-picture and multi-view format are not available for this package.
· Single-team Road Pass ($44.99) – For season-ticket holders or other fans who attend a majority of home games, this package delivers all 14 of their favorite team’s WCHA regular season league road games (live and archived). Note: Picture-in-picture and multi-view format are not available for this package; does NOT include potential 2017 WCHA postseason games.
· WCHA Monthly Pass ($24.99) – Fans receive live and archived access to every WCHA regular season league game, along with each team’s nonconference home contests and select home exhibition games, for an entire calendar month.
· Single-team Monthly Pass ($19.99) – Fans receive live and archived access to all of their favorite team’s WCHA regular season league games (home and away), nonconference home games and select exhibition games for an entire calendar month.
· League-wide Nightly Pass ($9.99) – Fans can watch live broadcasts of every game played in a WCHA arena that night, up to five games spanning three time zones.
· Single-team Nightly Pass ($8.99) – Fans can watch their favorite team play at home (WCHA or nonconference) or on the road (WCHA games only) with this one-team, one-game price.
“This year’s expanded WCHA.tv subscription offerings are designed to meet our fans’ viewing needs wherever they may be, from a road games-only package for season-ticket holders, to monthly and nightly offerings, to the full-season slate,” said WCHA President and Men’s League Commissioner Bill Robertson. “With the exciting on-ice changes in store and the WCHA poised for another thrilling MacNaughton Cup chase, we cannot wait to get the 2016-17 season underway.”
WCHA teams drop the puck on the 2016-17 campaign the weekend of Oct. 1-2, with WCHA.tv featuring defending Broadmoor Trophy champion Ferris State hosting Alabama Huntsville in the season- and league opening set.