BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University softball team continues Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference play at home by hosting the University of Minnesota Duluth, Wednesday. The Beavers (21-11, 4-5 NSIC) will host the Bulldogs (19-10, 8-4 NSIC) for a doubleheader with first pitch for game one slated to start at 3 p.m.
Bemidji State Notes
- Bemidji State earned season win number 21 against Concordia-St. Paul Monday, the second most in program history
- The Beavers are four wins shy of tying the program record of 25 set in 1998.
- BSU enters the weekend 10th in the NSIC standings with a 4-5 conference record.
- Freshman Kelsey McAllister leads the team and is sixth in the conference with a .425 batting average.
- McAllister leads the conference in slugging percentage (.838) and is fourth with eight home runs.
- Senior Lyndsey Peters leads the team with 26 RBI and ranks 11th in the NSIC and is tied for fifth with seven home runs.
- Junior Jessica Yost has also put together elite numbers at the plate and is eighth in the conference in slugging percentage (.667) and is tied for seventh with six home runs.
- As a team, the Beavers are third in the NSIC with 30 home runs.
- Yost is third in the conference with an ERA of 1.64 and second by holding opponents to a batting average of .161.
- She has pitched the seventh most innings (110.2) but yet is second in strikeouts (185) and is second in the league in wins (13).
- Jenna Massingill has started to put together one of her best seasons at BSU and is ninth in the NSIC with an ERA of 2.39 and seventh in strikeouts (102).
Scouting Minnesota Duluth
The Bulldogs (19-10, 8-4 NSIC) enter Wednesday’s action sixth in the NSIC standings and are coming off a weekend where they swept No. 15 Winona State University and split with Upper Iowa University.
Natalie Wright leads the Bulldogs at the plate with a .408 batting average in 98 at bats while Becky Smith is the leading run producer for UMD with 27 RBI’s. Cayli Sadler leads Minnesota Duluth in the pitcher’s circle and in 92.0 innings, she has compiled a 10-5 record with a 2.66 ERA. Sam Hartmann follows with 91.1 innings and has an 8-5 record.
The Beavers and Bulldogs met earlier this season for two non-conference match-ups that saw Bemidji State defeating Minnesota Duluth in both meetings in St. Paul, Minn.
For more information on the Bemidji State University softball program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@Beaver_Softball or @BSUBeavers) or like them on Facebook (facebook.com/BSUBeavers).
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).