BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University softball team begins a four-day road trip to continue its Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference schedule. The Beavers (21-11, 4-5 NSIC) begin the trip against Augustana University (S.D.) April 9 and will then travel to Wayne, Neb. to face Wayne State College (Neb.) April 10.
The Beavers will then have Monday off but will be back in action on Tuesday, April 12 to face St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud, Minn.
Bemidji State Notes
- The Beavers are just four wins shy of tying the program record of 25 wins set in 1998.
- With 21 wins this season, Bemidji State now has the second most wins in program history
- BSU enters the weekend 10th in the NSIC standings with a 4-5 conference record.
- The Beavers own the sixth best team batting average in the NSIC at .306 but are third in slugging percentage (.469).
- BSU has 30 home runs this season, third in the conference.
- The Beavers have 78 extra base hits this season, tied for third in the NSIC
- Freshman Kelsey McAllister leads the team and is seventh in the conference with a .425 batting average.
- McAllister leads the conference in slugging percentage (.838) and is tied for fourth with eight home runs.
- Senior Lyndsey Peterson leads the team with 26 RBI and is tied for 12th in the NSIC. She is also sixth in the league with seven home runs.
- Junior Jessica Yost has also put together elite numbers at the plate as well as in the circle and is sixth in the conference in slugging percentage (.667) and is tied for seventh with six home runs.
- In the circle, Yost is second in ERA (1.64), opposing batting average (.161) and strikeouts (185).
- She has pitched the ninth most innings (110.2) but yet is second in strikeouts and is tied for third with 13 wins.
- Jenna Massingill has started to put together one of her best seasons at BSU and is tenth in the NSIC with an ERA of 2.39 and seventh in strikeouts (102).
Scouting Augustana (S.D.)
The Vikings begin the weekend’s action second in the NSIC standings at 24-11 and 11-2 in the conference. Augie is currently undefeated (4-0) at home this season and is coming off a sweep of the University of Sioux Falls in its previous action.
Carley Pickett leads the Vikings at the plate with a .412 batting average while Maggie Kadrlik leads the team with 41 RBI this season. Pickett has also spent the most time in the circle for Augie and in 25 appearances, has a 14-6 record with a 2.36 ERA. Karlee Koopman has pitched 99.1 innings and leads the team with a 2.04 ERA.
Scouting Wayne State
The Wildcats currently sit fourth in the NSIC with a conference record of 10-4 but are 15-18 overall. WSC split its last action with Southwest Minnesota State University, April 5.
Lexie Loos leads the Wildcats and the conference with a .472 batting average in 123 at bats while Emily Chandler leads Wayne State with 27 RBI. Casey Miller has pitched 142.0 innings for the Wildcats and leads the team with an 11-13 record and 4.44 ERA.
Scouting St. Cloud State
The Huskies are currently in seventh in the NSIC standings with a 8-6 conference record but will see SMSU and USF before facing the Beavers Tuesday, April 12.
Jessica Goerger sports a .376 batting average to lead the Huskies this season and also leads the team with 28 RBI. Senna Francesconi has seen the most time in the circle at 117.2 innings and is 10-6 this season with a 3.39 ERA. Megan Hedstrom has pitched 83.0 innings and is 7-9 with a 3.12 ERA.
For more information on the Bemidji State University softball program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@Beaver_Softball or @BSUBeavers) or like them on Facebook (facebook.com/BSUBeavers).
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).