BEMIDJI, Minn. – The Bemidji State University softball team returns to action after having its past six contests cancelled due to poor weather conditions and will travel to St. Cloud State University for a doubleheader against the Huskies (21-12, 7-5 NSIC) in the Husky Dome.
Scouting the Huskies
The Beavers (13-13, 2-2 NSIC) and Huskies play a Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference doubleheader Wednesday, April with first pitch of game one scheduled for 2 p.m. BSU and SCSU met earlier this season on Feb. 17, also at the Husky Dome, where the Huskies earned two wins over the Beavers by scores of 8-4 and 3-2.
St. Cloud State is 21-12 on the season and sixth in the NSIC standings with a 7-5 conference record. The Huskies went 1-3 over last weekend after being swept by No. 1 Minnesota State University, Mankato April 6 and splitting against Concordia University-St. Paul, April 7.
Maya Keating leads the Huskies at the plate with a .400 batting average in 110 at bats and has come in to score a team-high 27 runs. Morgan Emmans leads the team with 37 RBI on the season and is batting .320 with 14 doubles and seven homeruns.
Kylie Thomsen leads the pitching staff with an 11-5 record in 19 appearances and has posted a 2.89 ERA with 37 strikeouts. Kate Kopeck has made 20 appearances and is 9-6 with a 4.42 ERA and 69 strikeouts. Bradi Yost leads the team with a 1.81 ERA and is 1-0 in eight appearances.
Bemidji State Notes
- The Beavers currently sit ninth in the NSIC standings with a 2-2 conference record.
- Bemidji State last played on March 31, a series split with Minnesota State University, Moorhead, after having six-straight games cancelled.
- Junior Brooke Phillips leads the Beavers at the plate and is batting .394 in 71 at bats and has scored a team-high 20 runs.
- Junior Makayla Pagel leads the team with 22 RBI and is hitting .384 with five doubles and five homeruns.
- The Beavers have five student-athletes batting over .300 on the season.
- Freshman Stephi Dullum leads the BSU pitching staff with a 7-6 record in 15 appearances. She is 10th in the NSIC in ERA (2.27) and strikeouts (57).
- Sophomore Megan Pehrson follows with a 3-0 record in 12 appearances and has posted a 3.28 ERA.
- Sophomore Oliva Tucker is ninth in the NSIC with a 2.07 ERA despite a 1-4 record in six appearances.
- The Beavers are scheduled to host No. 1 Minnesota State and Concordia-St. Paul Saturday-Sunday depending on weather and field conditions.
For more information on the Bemidji State softball program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUBeaversSB), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Multimedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).