|October 18, 2014||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
BEMIDJI, Minn. (BSU Gymnasium) — The Bemidji State University volleyball team fell in four sets Saturday evening to Northern State University by scores of 18-25, 25-20, 25-20, 25-16 at BSU Gymnasium. The loss drops BSU to 4-17 overall and 2-11 in Northern Sun Intercollegiate play, while Northern State improves to 15-6 overall and 8-5 in NSIC.
Jessica Yost led Bemidji State with 20 kills on 42 attempts for a hitting percentage of .429. Yost also contributed 13 digs defensively.
Notes on the Beavers:
- Bemidji State outhit the Wolves in the first set .370 to .241 on 27 and 29 attack attempts, respectively.
- Yost registered her fourth double-double of the season with 20 kills and 13 digs.
- Fellow sophomore Amanda Tronick set a new career-high with four service aces.
- Courtney Volkmann notched her fourth 40-assist match of the season with 41 tonight. Volkmann needs just 17 more assists to tie former Beaver Amy Soehnen for sixth place on BSU’s all-time assist list.
- Bemidji State took four of the seven sets it played this weekend.
Notes on the Wolves:
- After being outhit in the first set, the Wolves responded and hit .359, .333 and .343 in the next three sets to take the match.
- Holly Vancura notched a rare 51 assists for Northern State.
- Three NSU hitters registered double-digit kill totals. Jussy Tuscherer led the way with 18 kills.
- Tuscherer and Renee Hoffman registered 15 and 16 digs, respectively to lead Northern State’s defense.
Next up: Bemidji State hits the road Oct. 24-25 for a pair of NSIC matches versus Minot State University and University of Mary. First serves are scheduled for 7 p.m. against Minot State and 6 p.m. versus U-Mary.
For more information on the Bemidji State volleyball program, follow the Beavers on Twitter (@BSUBeavers or @BemidjiStateVB), like them on Facebook (facebook.com/BSUBeavers) or sign up for the TXTUpdates from BSUBeavers.com text-messaging system through the "Multimedia" pull down menu on the main page of BSUBeavers.com.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).