|January 02, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||MINOT||BSUW|
|FG Percentage||.604 (32-53)||.379 (22-58)|
|3P FG Percentage||.636 (7-11)||.294 (5-17)|
|FT Percentage||.625 (10-16)||.643 (9-14)|
Denton - 4
Hardy - 4
Kingsbury - 1
BEMIDJI, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University women's basketball team fell short in its first game of 2015 as it dropped an 81-58 decision to Minot State University.
Bemidji State, now 3-8, 1-6 NSIC will be back in action Saturday, Jan. 3 as it welcomes University of Mary to BSU Gymnasium ending the first series of 2015. Game time is set for 4 p.m. Minot State improves their record to 7-6 overall and 2-5 in NSIC play.
Bemidji State Highlights
- Tatum Sheley led the Beavers in scoring with 13 points.
- Sierra Senske and Hanna Zerr also scored in the double-digits to boost the Beavers’ offense with 12 and 10 points, respectively.
- Leading the charge for rebounds was Aimee Pelzer as she pulled down six on the night.
- The Beavers shot 37.9 percent from the field while going 29.4 from the three-point line.
- BSU finished the night pulling down 27 rebounds and charting 11 assists and eight steals.
Minot State Highlights
- Pacing Minot State’s offense was Alex Haley with 20 points in her 34 minutes of action.
- Diondra Denton, Sarah Lester and Morgan Klose also scored in double figures for the Beavers.
- With seven rebounds, Savana Kingsbury led the squads rebounding efforts.
- Minot State got off to a quick start and finished the night scoring 14 points off turnovers.
- MSU outshot BSU with a 60.4 percent rating from the field and went 63.6 percent from the arch.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).