|January 10, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
St. Cloud State
|Stats at a Glance||BSUW||SCSU|
|FG Percentage||.434 (23-53)||.387 (24-62)|
|3P FG Percentage||.375 (6-16)||.278 (5-18)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (3-4)||.800 (8-10)|
Petermann - 13
Sheley - 2
Petermann - 2
Knuti - 1
Wittman - 1
LeCaptain - 1
ST. CLOUD, Minn. -- The Bemidji State University women's basketball team ended its first road trip of 2015 at St. Cloud State University Saturday night. St. Cloud State made a late run in the second half to defeat the Beavers, 61-55.
Bemidji State, now 5-10, 2-8 NSIC will be back in action Jan. 16-17 as it hosts its home games against University of Minnesota State-Mankato and Concordia University, St. Paul at the Sanford Center. Game times are set for 6 p.m. and 4 p.m., respectively. The Huskies improve their record to 10-4 overall and 6-4 in league play.
Bemidji State Highlights
- The Beavers outshot SCSU from the field with a 43.4 percent rating and from beyond the arc with a 37.5 rating, while the Huskies were 38.7 from the field and 27.8 from three-range.
- For the eighth time this season Sierra Senske paced the BSU offense in a game. Senske charted 17 points going 7-of-14 from the field.
- Tatum Sheley added 13 points to the Beaver offense and led the squad with eight rebounds to tie a career-high.
- BSU held the largest lead of the game, which was 13 over the Huskies for 8:12 minutes and held a lead for 33:30 minutes of the entire game.
- In the paint, the Beavers were dominant scoring 26 points.
St. Cloud State Highlights
- Lexy Petermann and Chelsea Nooker led the Huskies both scoring 13 points. Peterman charted a double-double as she added 12 rebounds to her 13 points, while Nooker pulled down seven boards.
- The Huskies trailed the Beavers for most of the game only pulling ahead with 5:44 left in the second (46-44).
- St. Cloud State obtained their largest lead of seven points with 2:55 left in the second.
- SCSU outrebounded Bemidji State 39-29.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).