|January 23, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||BSUW||NSU|
|FG Percentage||.298 (17-57)||.406 (26-64)|
|3P FG Percentage||.222 (4-18)||.222 (2-9)|
|FT Percentage||.545 (6-11)||.720 (18-25)|
Krogman - 6
Deadrick - 6
Stotesbery - 6
McKee - 2
Brecke - 1
Krogman - 1
Deadrick - 1
Anderson - 1
ABERDEEN, S.D. -- Bemidji State women's basketball started a four-game Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) road stint Friday night as they took on No. 15 Northern State University. The Wolves handled the Beavers to take a 72-44 victory.
Bemidji State, now 5-13, 2-11 in the every grueling NSIC will end its first set of four road games as they travel to Minnesota State University Moorhead, Jan. 24 for a 4 p.m. tip off. Northern State improves to a stellar 16-3 overall and 10-3 in league play.
Bemidji State Highlights
- Freshman Afton Kuehndorf earned her first collegiate start in the Beavers loss to Northern State, scoring three points in her 17 minutes of action.
- The Beavers were paced by redshirt freshman Sierra Senske as she put up 14 points, going 5-of-12 from the floor and added 4-of-5 shots from the foul line.
- Aimee Pelzer and Tatum Sheley each tallied seven points for BSU. Pelzer led in rebounds with five, while Sheley posted one rebound and one steal.
- BSU outshot the Wolves in the second half from the floor, shooting 33.3 percent compared to NSU’s 29.6 percent.
- Both teams shot 22.2 percent from beyond the arc as the Beavers were 4-of-18 and the Wolves were 2-of-9 in the game.
Northern State Highlights
- The Wolves were led in scoring by Megan Mutchler with 14 points, going 5-of-6 from the field and 4-of-4 from the charity stripe.
- Mutchler along with Sadie Strotesbery, Rachel Krogman and Lauren Deadrick were the rebounding forerunners as they each pulled down six boards.
- Paige Waytashek marked 11 points in the win and snagged two steals to lead the team.
- Stotesbery rounded out double-digit scoring with 10 points, shooting 5-of-7 from the floor.
- Northern State finished the game shooting 40.6 percent from the field and was 18-of-25 from the foul line for a 72 percent rating.
- NSU outdid the Beavers as they pulled down 54 rebounds compared to BSU’s 29.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).