|January 31, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||BSUW||UIU|
|FG Percentage||.362 (21-58)||.400 (26-65)|
|3P FG Percentage||.238 (5-21)||.429 (6-14)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (9-12)||.889 (16-18)|
Carroll - 3
FAYETTE, Iowa -- Bemidji State women's basketball team ended a four-game NSIC road stint Saturday night at Upper Iowa University where it fell 74-56.
The Beavers, now 5-16 overall, 2-14 in the NSIC, will be back in the comforts of BSU Gymnasium Feb. 6-7 as they host Southwest Minnesota State University and University of Sioux Falls, respectively. The Peacocks move to 6-14 overall and 4-12 in conference action.
Bemidji State Highlights
- Aimee Pelzer paced the Beavers as she shot 6-of-12 from the field and 2-of-5 from beyond the arc to score 14 points. Pelzer was an all around player, pulling down a team-high seven boards, three assists, two blocks and two steals in the loss.
- Also scoring in double-digits was Sierra Senkse with 12 points and Hanna Zerr with 11 points. Senske charted four rebounds, three blocks and two assists, while Zerr had four rebounds and one assist.
- BSU shot 36.2 percent (21-of-58) from the floor and made five three-pointers as Pelzer and Zerr combined to have four.
- The Beavers put up 20 points in the paint, while Upper Iowa charted 18.
Upper Iowa Highlights
- Upper Iowa sored with shooting beyond the arc in the second half to earn the win over the Beavers as they shot 62.5 percent (5-of-8) and went 38.9 percent from the floor.
- The Peacocks ended the night shooting 40 percent in the field and 42.9 percent from the arc.
- Rebounding and steals boosted Upper Iowa, pulling down 44 boards and nine steals compared the Beavers’ 29 and two, respectively.
- Lauren Buck was the scoring leader with 16 points, shooting 7-of-15 from the floor.
- Lindsay Carroll (14), Olivia Meier (13) and Olivia Winkler (10) marked double figure scoring for the Peacocks.
- Free throw shooting was solid with UIU going 16-of-18 to end the game.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).