|February 06, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
Southwest Minn. Stat
|Stats at a Glance||SMSU||BSUW|
|FG Percentage||.269 (14-52)||.373 (22-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.231 (3-13)||.227 (5-22)|
|FT Percentage||.800 (20-25)||.684 (13-19)|
Cordes - 3
McKee - 1
Kuehndorf - 1
BEMIDJI, Minn. -- After two weekends on the road the Bemidji State women's basketball team played host to Southwest Minnesota State University Friday night. The Beavers were down in the first half but came back strong in the second half to take the victory 62-51 over the Mustangs.
The Beavers, now 6-16 overall, 3-14 in the NSIC, will end their NSIC weekend action at home Saturday, Feb. 7 as they host University of Sioux Falls with the tip off at 4 p.m. The Mustangs drop to 3-18 overall and 3-14 in conference action.
Bemidji State Highlights
- Sierra Senske helped push the Beavers toward the win with her second double-double of the season. Senske totaled 16 points and tied her career-high in rebounds pulling down 11.
- Allison McKee and Tatum Sheley nailed back-to-back shots from behind the arc to give the Beavers the lead they were waiting for early in the second half.
- McKee ended the night scoring eight points for a new season-high, while Sheley tallied seven points.
- Aimee Pelzer scored 10 points in the win going a perfect 4-for-4 from the foul line and dished out three assists.
- The Beavers played 10 players with all of them scoring in their win over the Mustangs.
- BSU outrebounded SMSU, pulling down 39 boards compared to the Mustangs’ 30.
- The Beavers shot 37.3 percent (22-of-59) from the field and 22.7 percent (5-of-22) from the arc.
- Bemidji State snapped an eight-game losing streak in the win.
Southwest Minnesota State Highlights
- Lauren Hedlund led the Mustangs with her 12 points while recording a team-high seven rebounds while Annessa Rosch contributed with 10 points and dishing out three assists.
- The Mustangs ended the night shooting 27 percent (14-of-52) from the field and 23 percent (3-of-13) from beyond the arc.
- SMSU was held to only five attempts from the arc in the second half not being able to put one down against the Beavers.
- The Mustangs charted six steals against BSU as Tiffany Gehl led with two in the game.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s wooded region and located on the shore of Lake Bemidji, Bemidji State University sponsors 15 varsity athletic programs with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey membership in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, while its 13 NCAA Division II programs hold membership in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC).